Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 1, 2023 at 5:55 AM Post #1,816 of 4,444
I currently have the EMU Teak (with Dragon Fly Red), I really like sound signature and soundstage of this headphone. Does anybody how the EMU Teak (or TH610/THx00 family of headphones) compares to the Maxwell regarding the soundstage and sound signature (especially the bass)? I’m looking to go wireless but keep as much immersion and soundstage as possible.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #1,818 of 4,444
I got it from scan mate I was literally order number 1 with them lol they are only around the corner from me too so I went and picked it up.

Oh that's pretty cool then, great to hear that stocks on our shores and being processed.

HFH said in an e-mail last week that their orders should start shipping by next week (w/c 6th), so maybe if I'm lucky it'll come this week, but either way something to look forward to next week! Enjoy!

Mar 1, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #1,819 of 4,444
So jealous of you guys. LDLC just postponed the availability date to the 13th of march :sob::sob:
Retailer lives matter :sweat:
Funny. I asked LDLC about my December preorder on the same day you posted this and they told me that they are expecting to receive some stock on Thurs. the 2nd (that's tomorrow).
Maybe that date on the site is for a second batch? Fingers crossed.

Mar 1, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #1,823 of 4,444
Will the Maxwell fit with the PSVR2? I currently use the Penrose with my PSVR2 and I love them, but the range and occasional crackling due to bad connection takes me out of my immersion. I'm thinking of upgrading to the Maxwell, but read on reddit that these Maxwells do not fit comfortably due to the larger earcups. Would love to hear some second opinions because I was about to pull the trigger til I read that!

Mar 1, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #1,824 of 4,444
Will the Maxwell fit with the PSVR2? I currently use the Penrose with my PSVR2 and I love them, but the range and occasional crackling due to bad connection takes me out of my immersion. I'm thinking of upgrading to the Maxwell, but read on reddit that these Maxwells do not fit comfortably due to the larger earcups. Would love to hear some second opinions because I was about to pull the trigger til I read that!
Let's ask @Helvetica bold about this comparison together :)

Mar 1, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #1,825 of 4,444
If the Penrose fit then Maxwell will fit. The earcups seem to be hit or miss based on the person.

Mar 1, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #1,826 of 4,444
Yea I did. Keep checking scan.co.uk and they keep having expected dates which never hold true. Sticking with HFH now.

I threw an order in once Audeze had given the 20th Feb ETA, decided to go with HFH because of their 5% welcome discount. They should be shipping pre-orders next week all being well, so we can finally get in on the action :beyersmile:

Mar 1, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #1,828 of 4,444
Hey we spoke on Reddit about scan they got back to me actually they are expecting more so units next week they said.
Yea - pleased you got yours early from them. My issue is that they keep changing their due date on the site which always turns out to be meaningless. 28th Jan and 28th Feb being the latest two guesses they've posted. Going to stick with my current pre-order now which will hopefully come through next week :)

Mar 1, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #1,830 of 4,444
Yea - pleased you got yours early from them. My issue is that they keep changing their due date on the site which always turns out to be meaningless. 28th Jan and 28th Feb being the latest two guesses they've posted. Going to stick with my current pre-order now which will hopefully come through next week :)
Hopefully mate fingers crossed for you. I’ve noticed that with the dates it’s most frustrating

Users who are viewing this thread

Back