Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Feb 27, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #1,756 of 4,444
Got them in the mail this morning! @RedJohn456 massive thanks for the heads up! Headphone Bar shipped them here pronto. Very pleased with their service. Lucky lucky break! I hope you got yours!

Still testing them out. Mainly listening to music atm while I work. Have to "break them" in. I've been using the Steelseries Nova 7x Wireless since my Penrose's sideband snapped so my ears have to get used to the Audeze sound again lol.

First few track listens have been great. Excellent clarity and very well-tuned right out of the box - quite balanced across the board. Onboard EQ is very cool and I'll be testing with that later today. So far I'm listening on the default "Audeze" mode. I've mainly used Dolby Atmos for my PC EQ needs but might switch to the Audeze app if it's good so I can get custom EQs on the headset itself so I don't have to fiddle around with software every time I need to change a preset. Though IIRC, when I had the Penrose, changing the gain on frequencies in the Audeze app would change the volume of the headset... Maybe that's changed now, I last used it a long long time ago.

Anyway, will continue testing on PC and PS5 - run some games and see how it fares on the gaming side. Will also test the mic on discord and report back.

20230227_102034.jpg

Feb 27, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #1,758 of 4,444
The confusion is from the box diagrams on the inside of the lid it shows what is the chat max wheel as a mic volume wheel. That’s what got me confused
Tried messing with that dial and it just lowered the volume of both my PC audio and my Discord chat.

Not exactly sure what the function of the dial is? Does anyone know if Chatmix works on Maxwell for PC?

Feb 27, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #1,761 of 4,444
Okay figured it out for PC and Discord.

Need to set the Output Device on Discord to Speakers (Chat - Audeze Maxwell) and then have your default PC audio output be on Speakers (Game - Audeze Maxwell). That way the Discord's chat audio is funneled through the separate channel and it can be controlled with the dial between the two.

It works on Arctis 7 without having to manually set the two separate output devices so was confused on how to get it running. It works great now.

Feb 27, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #1,762 of 4,444
Though IIRC, when I had the Penrose, changing the gain on frequencies in the Audeze app would change the volume of the headset... Maybe that's changed now, I last used it a long long time ago.
Yeah, it was their Automatic Gain Compensation in effect, so this is what I'd like to know regarding the Maxwells if you're able to test that and report back.

Feb 27, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #1,763 of 4,444
They answered this in the forum somewhere. The active area of the drivers are the same as the Penrose. If I remember correctly, making the drivers smaller had something to do with the housing improvements.

Crazy how people are making reviews, but not doing any actual research leaving viewers with more questions. Like some other dude called the Maxwells an ANC headset 💀
Not sure where the statement "fewer magnets" came from but my review didnt state anything of that sort. I just showed the structure of the hyperx cloud orbit s to the new maxwell and the different amount of bars

Feb 27, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #1,765 of 4,444
Okay figured it out for PC and Discord.

Need to set the Output Device on Discord to Speakers (Chat - Audeze Maxwell) and then have your default PC audio output be on Speakers (Game - Audeze Maxwell). That way the Discord's chat audio is funneled through the separate channel and it can be controlled with the dial between the two.

It works on Arctis 7 without having to manually set the two separate output devices so was confused on how to get it running. It works great now.
You can also set Chat Audeze Maxwell as default communication device in windows and will have the same effect. What time of feedback are getting back from people on discord about your mic quality. I was told it sounds muffled and kind of low in volume.

Feb 27, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #1,767 of 4,444
Yeah, it was their Automatic Gain Compensation in effect, so this is what I'd like to know regarding the Maxwells if you're able to test that and report back.

I just checked. The equalizer is not available yet. I think I saw that Audeze are working on releasing that soon. So no Maxwell EQ in the Audeze app as of yet. I will likely just test with Dolby Atmos for now and go from there.

One thing that is awesome though and again, maybe they changed this before. But when you wanted to use the Audeze app on the Penrose, it had to be connected by USB cable. With the Maxwell, you can use the app wirelessly, so that's a win.

Feb 27, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #1,768 of 4,444
I just checked. The equalizer is not available yet. I think I saw that Audeze are working on releasing that soon. So no Maxwell EQ in the Audeze app as of yet. I will likely just test with Dolby Atmos for now and go from there.

One thing that is awesome though and again, maybe they changed this before. But when you wanted to use the Audeze app on the Penrose, it had to be connected by USB cable. With the Maxwell, you can use the app wirelessly, so that's a win.
How would you compare the max volume on the maxwell to the Penrose?

Feb 27, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #1,769 of 4,444
I didn't own the Penrose and maybe my ears are delicate flowers but I had to lower the volume playing COD last night. Seems like there's plenty of power on tap if you want to do some damage. 🤘
I owned both and the volume seems almost the same. Its much clearer in the mids with the Maxwell I think But I haven't noticed any massive drop or anything. Was just wanting to see other peoples opinions on it.

Feb 27, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #1,770 of 4,444
You can also set Chat Audeze Maxwell as default communication device in windows and will have the same effect. What time of feedback are getting back from people on discord about your mic quality. I was told it sounds muffled and kind of low in volume.
That's how I have it but I still had to set the output device in Discord to Chat Audeze Maxwell and then for Windows Audio, have the output be on the Game Audeze Maxwell.

HuZvJGh.png
oVvA4Or.png
oZ0dPAm.png

I get the same feedback about the mic quality on Discord so I'm not using it. Using the a wireless Modmic instead. Super disappointing that the quality on the mic doesn't come through well on Discord. Especially for the price of the headset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back