Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Jan 30, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #932 of 4,444
But as far as I know Audeze never set a date, unless one of their employees communicated something more definitive somewhere in this thread that I missed. Expected. Anticipated. These were all presented as estimates, not release dates. Estimates are estimates, not hard dates. I think they could have communicated the behind the scenes stuff like the state of the Microsoft certification more transparently early on, but I don't think anyone was lied too or even really misinformed by Audeze.

There wasn't a precise date set in stone, that much is true, but this notion that the customer is somehow in the wrong because of 'expectations' for a product's release period, a period that was announced/defined by the company themselves, I find absolutely baffling.

I get that product delays happen, it's actually fairly common, and personally, I have no 'skin in the game' because I refuse to put my money down until the product is about to be sent to me, I believe the transaction should take place at the time of fulfillment - but I absolutely understand why the customer here is frustrated, and I would have no inclination to back the company, which for some reason, other customers are willing to do, when the company set an expectation to begin with.

Speaking from personal experience with the Penrose launch, you'll probably find literally hundreds of posts in the early pages of that topic that are similar/identical to this one, because Audeze acted exactly the same with the launch of Penrose. Now, this is where I find it particularly frustrating generally; Audeze has already mishandled the launch of the precursor product to Maxwell, so a company that was actually paying attention and learning from their mistakes wouldn't be here repeating the EXACT SAME mistakes, regardless of the size of the team/company.

All that said, I want this to end on a positive note, I am really excited for Maxwell, I accept that it will 'be ready when it's ready' and I don't begrudge Audeze for wanting to put out a complete product compared to how some other shyster companies put out broken tat and expect the customers to wait for fixes, but I would certainly appreciate a bit more hype up material to tide me over.

Jan 30, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #933 of 4,444
But as far as I know Audeze never set a date, unless one of their employees communicated something more definitive somewhere in this thread that I missed. Expected. Anticipated. These were all presented as estimates, not release dates. Estimates are estimates, not hard dates. I think they could have communicated the behind the scenes stuff like the state of the Microsoft certification more transparently early on, but I don't think anyone was lied too or even really misinformed by Audeze.

How much they paying you? Personally, I would love for this conversation to end, but this comment is insanity. When I pre-ordered the Maxwell in December Audeze's site said "Maxwell begins shipping early January". That was a lie. Taking our money upfront aside, own up and say we underestimated supply chain and we still can't figure out whatever firmware updates that is causing us to hold onto the PS version now that we have it.

Audeze didn't say "We hope to ship the Maxwell in early December. This is just an estimate as we have not secured supply yet". Don't sit here and gaslight us for being upset they couldn't hit their timeline. If Audeze could actually deliver on their promises we would be here right now posting reactions and reviews about the headset not what we're doing now.

I can live with the fact that we'll get the headset when we get it as I've already wasted 6 weeks on this damn forum talking about the thing, but I would love for the gaslighting to stop and we just accept Audeze messed up and move on. Accountability is great, especially when everything is NOT outside their control (i.e. the firmware holding up the PS version right now is unrelated to supply chain).

Jan 30, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #934 of 4,444
How much they paying you? Personally, I would love for this conversation to end, but this comment is insanity. When I pre-ordered the Maxwell in December Audeze's site said "Maxwell begins shipping early January". That was a lie. Taking our money upfront aside, own up and say we underestimated supply chain and we still can't figure out whatever firmware updates that is causing us to hold onto the PS version now that we have it.

Audeze didn't say "We hope to ship the Maxwell in early December. This is just an estimate as we have not secured supply yet". Don't sit here and gaslight us for being upset they couldn't hit their timeline. If Audeze could actually deliver on their promises we would be here right now posting reactions and reviews about the headset not what we're doing now.

I can live with the fact that we'll get the headset when we get it as I've already wasted 6 weeks on this damn forum talking about the thing, but I would love for the gaslighting to stop and we just accept Audeze messed up and move on. Accountability is great, especially when everything is NOT outside their control (i.e. the firmware holding up the PS version right now is unrelated to supply chain).
What's the point of being upset? It's just a headset. You aren't actually losing something critical here.
If you are upset about a slightly delayed wireless headset then you should go outside for a reality check.

Jan 30, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #935 of 4,444
What's the point of being upset? It's just a headset. You aren't actually losing something critical here.
If you are upset about a slightly delayed wireless headset then you should go outside for a reality check.

Man I never thought of it like that. What a revelatory statement. This is utterly life changing. THANK YOU!

Jan 30, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #937 of 4,444
Let’s change the subject to something more productive. What headset/headphone are you using right now, and outside of sound, what’s the primary feature you’re looking forward to most on the Maxwell?

Jan 30, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #938 of 4,444
I just hope once we received the Maxwell we will be saying this was worth the wait. Otherwise this threat will implode. :fingers_crossed: Did we discuss the meaning behind the name, I forgot it was mentioned at some point or on the FAQ? As long as I received if before Spider Man 2 for PS5 I'll be happy.:joy: That should give Audeze enough time. However,
it would be nice to have it for the RE4 remake on 3/24.

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #939 of 4,444
Let’s change the subject to something more productive. What headset/headphone are you using right now, and outside of sound, what’s the primary feature you’re looking forward to most on the Maxwell?
i had the corsair HS80 SE , was decent for a mid range gaming headset, went to the hyper X headset, bc of the battery, but it seems to be a step down in sound. never had planar headphones so def excited about that. was thinking of getting a steel series but everyone here is raving on the penrose compared to that, so gonna try the mawell..

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #940 of 4,444
Turtle Beach Stealth 700 gen2

The wireless connection isn't stable when other wireless devices are around, and the microphone picks up EVERY little noise in the room. It seems as though Maxwell will correct both of these issues for me. That said, I will miss connecting to my phone at the same time as my Xbox. Never missed anything.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #941 of 4,444
i had the corsair HS80 SE , was decent for a mid range gaming headset, went to the hyper X headset, bc of the battery, but it seems to be a step down in sound. never had planar headphones so def excited about that. was thinking of getting a steel series but everyone here is raving on the penrose compared to that, so gonna try the mawell..
Admittedly I'm coming from using a Dan Clark Audio Expanse being my daily driver...so I'm pretty privileged in terms of sound, but I've also used the Razer Barracuda Pro, Sony INZONE H9 and SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro Wireless in addition to the Penrose & Mobius. I'm interested to see what Audeze eventually does with ANC in the years to come.

But outside of sound, I'm most excited for the insane battery life and hopefully the improved comfort + durability over the Penrose.

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #942 of 4,444
My Penrose are still going strong.

Watched the “Billy Joel: Live at Shea Stadium” Blu-ray using them last night. No other wireless headset that I’ve used comes close so far as sound quality goes.

Magnificent! Highly recommend this Blu-Ray to any Billy Joel fan, casual or otherwise.

Jan 30, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #943 of 4,444
I'm using Penrose, second set. First had a battery issue that appeared like 14 months out. Audeze replaced outside of warranty so that was great. But I have had pops and clicks with Penrose that I am really hoping maxwell fixed. If they are still there they are being returned. I held out hope on Penrose that a firmware update would fix them. I know better now.

Jan 30, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #945 of 4,444
There wasn't a precise date set in stone, that much is true, but this notion that the customer is somehow in the wrong because of 'expectations' for a product's release period, a period that was announced/defined by the company themselves, I find absolutely baffling.

I get that product delays happen, it's actually fairly common, and personally, I have no 'skin in the game' because I refuse to put my money down until the product is about to be sent to me, I believe the transaction should take place at the time of fulfillment - but I absolutely understand why the customer here is frustrated, and I would have no inclination to back the company, which for some reason, other customers are willing to do, when the company set an expectation to begin with.

Speaking from personal experience with the Penrose launch, you'll probably find literally hundreds of posts in the early pages of that topic that are similar/identical to this one, because Audeze acted exactly the same with the launch of Penrose. Now, this is where I find it particularly frustrating generally; Audeze has already mishandled the launch of the precursor product to Maxwell, so a company that was actually paying attention and learning from their mistakes wouldn't be here repeating the EXACT SAME mistakes, regardless of the size of the team/company.

All that said, I want this to end on a positive note, I am really excited for Maxwell, I accept that it will 'be ready when it's ready' and I don't begrudge Audeze for wanting to put out a complete product compared to how some other shyster companies put out broken tat and expect the customers to wait for fixes, but I would certainly appreciate a bit more hype up material to tide me over.

This is the thing. For me, I've already stated I have nothing against Audeze, I just paid $900 for a pair of LCD-2 and am looking forward to the Maxwell when I get them, but it's still ok to criticize this fumbled launch. However what I am mostly responding to are people who insist Audeze should not be criticized and nobody should complain. If they would just stop being so unreasonable, we could move on, but they are not. As you stated Audeze is doing a repeat of the Penrose, which is even worse.

My LCD-2 CB came in today a day early here to me at work, so I'm going home now to enjoy them as I've been waiting for over three weeks for these cans, and realize that I can like a company's products and they can still be open to criticism for their mistakes as well, since it seems some others can't understand that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back