Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Dec 10, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #91 of 4,444
Are the ear pads same or similar to the MM-500? That is in terms of sizing, round with diameter external and the ear openings same, open-cell foam used, as well as leather-free? Trying to grasp fitting and comfort.

Dec 11, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #93 of 4,444
Honestly I’m not sure what to do…
I own the wired Xbox Nova Pros which work perfectly fine on PS5. I hear no difference when connected to PS5. In addition I already own a Dolby and DTS license.
However I was looking for a wireless solution and Maxwell dropped just when I was about to purchase the Penrose.
I preordered the Xbox Maxwell thinking it would work similarly as the Nova GameDAC2 with no real audible difference between consoles. Since I use my PS5 more often and I might sacrifice audio quality because I purchased the Xbox version I might either cancel my order and wait for a review from GadgetryTech or switch and pick up the Maxwell for PS5 and use the wired Nova Pro for Xbox. I want that pristine audio for Spider Man 2 in 2023! :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #94 of 4,444
Honestly I’m not sure what to do…
I own the wired Xbox Nova Pros which work perfectly fine on PS5. I hear no difference when connected to PS5. In addition I already own a Dolby and DTS license.
However I was looking for a wireless solution and Maxwell dropped just when I was about to purchase the Penrose.
I preordered the Xbox Maxwell thinking it would work similarly as the Nova GameDAC2 with no real audible difference between consoles. Since I use my PS5 more often and I might sacrifice audio quality because I purchased the Xbox version I might either cancel my order and wait for a review from GadgetryTech or switch and pick up the Maxwell for PS5 and use the wired Nova Pro for Xbox. I want that pristine audio for Spider Man 2 in 2023! :wink:
What don't you like about the nova pros that you are looking to switch if you don't mind me asking? Why not just get the wireless version of the novas?

Dec 11, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #95 of 4,444
No. Maxwell cannot do simultaneous playback + mixing between BT and USB/Analog/USB-Dongle.
The USB Dongle has two end points in PC mode and can mix between them.
Wow, this is painful news for me and makes the Maxwell a no go. Disappointing.

Dec 11, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #96 of 4,444
Wow, this is painful news for me and makes the Maxwell a no go. Disappointing.
There were some BT stability issues. Mine regularly hung up/freezed on BT and had to be rebooted. At first, I thought it would be an issue with the simultaneous connection but I figured that it was just BT. Initially, it was also one of the reasons why I bought them. So I really wonder what made this change necessary. DSP is still done, so it can't be for latency reasons. Maybe for stability, or they had to start over with a completely new firmware for their new chipset.

Dec 11, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #97 of 4,444
Really, UNLESS you have an Xbox, most everyone else should get Playstation version and save $30. Xbox version does come with the Dolby ATmos license, but this is something you can purchase separately as well.
I bought the Atmos license for the Xbox so is there a way to get headphone with an xbox dongle at the cost of the playstation headphone? lol hope that makes sense.

Dec 11, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #98 of 4,444
I bought the Atmos license for the Xbox so is there a way to get headphone with an xbox dongle at the cost of the playstation headphone? lol hope that makes sense.
I'm Assuming no. To many variables products if they offered that. and you still need the microsoft chip which sounds like it's an extra cost.

Dec 11, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #99 of 4,444
@Audeze love my Penrose for the most part and am definitely thinking of preordering these. My biggest concern is I’m on my second Penrose set because the drivers start crackling over time (usually after about 6 months - a year and my current one is starting to do the same) I know the hardware is vastly more robust in the Maxwell, any chance the drivers are a bit more durable? I get they’re still going to be more fragile than a regular driver, just hoping for a bit more durability.

Dec 11, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #100 of 4,444
I'm Assuming no. To many variables products if they offered that. and you still need the microsoft chip which sounds like it's an extra cost.
Thats right, I completely forgot about the "microsoft" chip. dang... I feel like I'd be waisting money... I may as well get the ps5 version and just use an aux cord. If thats even an option.

Edit". Looks like there is an aux option. lol. I could just get the playstation option and use the aux.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-11 at 1.38.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-11 at 1.38.10 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #101 of 4,444
Thats right, I completely forgot about the "microsoft" chip. dang... I feel like I'd be waisting money... I may as well get the ps5 version and just use an aux cord. If thats even an option.
Don't ask me where as I've been reading everywhere about them now, but Audeze did confirm aux for the Xbox (and anything that takes aux) but still runs on battery

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #102 of 4,444
What don't you like about the nova pros that you are looking to switch if you don't mind me asking? Why not just get the wireless version of the novas?
Don't get me wrong I LOVE the wired Nova Pros. I bought the wired after every review stated wired sounded better than wireless and my console space allows for wires. Also my OCD for best audio I wanted wired. :beyersmile: Now, sometimes I don't want to deal with wires and reviews have stated the Nova wireless are uncomfortable due to the noise canceling design on the driver. I think Im articulating this correctly. Ive watched many Penrose reviews and its almost unanimous the Penrose have excellent audio for a wireless headphone but suspect build quality( (sorry) and comfort. Enter Maxwell, its almost seems like the best of both worlds, audio quality that might match wired even if the human ear can't notice:smile: and a cool utilitarian design.
I recently picked up the H6 Pro open back on sale and when paired with the GameDAC 2 its god tier audio when playing MW2 multiplayer on PS5.
I don't really need the Maxwell but I want to see if Audeze lives up to the hype. Hopefully the Maxwell will be confortable, I had to swap the pads on the H6 for Jerzee pads but it made a massive difference.

Dec 11, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #103 of 4,444
Don't ask me where as I've been reading everywhere about them now, but Audeze did confirm aux for the Xbox (and anything that takes aux) but still runs on battery
I think I saw in the thread. Thats alright by me. I don't use the atmos app on the xbox anyway. I had the mobius and turned off the 3d rendering and just used the aux and bluetooth for my phone. Worked fine but thats my experience.

Dec 11, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #104 of 4,444
Don't get me wrong I LOVE the wired Nova Pros. I bought the wired after every review stated wired sounded better than wireless and my console space allows for wires. Also my OCD for best audio I wanted wired. :beyersmile: Now, sometimes I don't want to deal with wires and reviews have stated the Nova wireless are uncomfortable due to the noise canceling design on the driver. I think Im articulating this correctly. Ive watched many Penrose reviews and its almost unanimous the Penrose have excellent audio for a wireless headphone but suspect build quality( (sorry) and comfort. Enter Maxwell, its almost seems like the best of both worlds, audio quality that might match wired even if the human ear can't notice:smile: and a cool utilitarian design.
I recently picked up the H6 Pro open back on sale and when paired with the GameDAC 2 its god tier audio when playing MW2 multiplayer on PS5.
I don't really need the Maxwell but I want to see if Audeze lives up to the hype. Hopefully the Maxwell will be confortable, I had to swap the pads on the H6 for Jerzee pads but it made a massive difference.
God tier audio from the Gamedac 2 lol good one I assume you starting with a joke right? :)

Dec 11, 2022 at 7:05 PM Post #105 of 4,444
God tier audio from the Gamedac 2 lol good one I assume you starting with a joke right? :)
I stand by what I wrote. The new DAC paired with EPOS H6 Pro open back which doesn’t take much power to drive sound fantastic. I’m sure I spanked snobby players with better DACs in MW2 multiplayer since I usually place in the top 2 positions in almost every match. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back