Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Jan 24, 2023 at 12:39 AM Post #796 of 4,444
As we wait for final certifications, do you want us to test/post some other videos/information ?

Hi Sankar,

I am curious about the onboard beamforming microphones. When the boom is not attached, my understanding is that they will be operational as an alternative. How do they sound? And do they also receive the same noise rejection treatment as the boom microphone?

Also, thanks for targeting this market segment. Was a fan of Mobius and Penrose, but I am quite hopeful the Maxwell really steps things up a notch.

Jan 24, 2023 at 12:44 AM Post #797 of 4,444
Hi Sankar,

I am curious about the onboard beamforming microphones. When the boom is not attached, my understanding is that they will be operational as an alternative. How do they sound? And do they also receive the same noise rejection treatment as the boom microphone?

Also, thanks for targeting this market segment. Was a fan of Mobius and Penrose, but I am quite hopeful the Maxwell really steps things up a notch.
There are two NN accelerators. With the boom microphone, it just goes through the Noise removing NN accelerator. With the embedded mic, the signal goes through both NN accelerators. First the noise removal and the second one is dedicated to beam forming.

The noise removal on both is the same algorithm. We will try to post more samples later this week.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jan 24, 2023 at 1:18 AM Post #798 of 4,444
There are two NN accelerators. With the boom microphone, it just goes through the Noise removing NN accelerator. With the embedded mic, the signal goes through both NN accelerators. First the noise removal and the second one is dedicated to beam forming.

The noise removal on both is the same algorithm. We will try to post more samples later this week.
Fantastic. Looking forward to those samples.

I have a follow-up hypothetical question still relevant to the NN’s.

Given that some of the support platforms will have game/chat mix, is it conceivable that you could potentially run the chat mix through the noise removing NN accelerator? Meaning that the inbound audio from your party chat could have noise-removal applied? Some folks may have pretty noisy microphones, and while I know the Maxwell won’t be contributing to that problem, I’m wondering if there is potential to save my ears from the noisier microphones in my party 😅

Thanks again.

Jan 24, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #800 of 4,444
I can tell you, just based on my usage, that wearing the Penrose for extended gaming or movie sessions has been the most comfortable set I have used yet. Came from Gen 3 then Gen 4 A50s, RIGs and Bang and Olufsen Beoplays. 5-6 hrs and zero ear or head fatigue.

Hoping the Maxwells are as comfortable!

You must be one of the lucky ones, clamp force and overall comfort was a big issue for a lot of users in the original Penrose discussion. I've never been affected too badly, but compared to HyperX Cloud 2 or the SteelSeries suspended 'ski' bands, both of which are incredibly comfortable, Penrose was pretty harsh.

Even now mine are broken in I do have fatigue at times, but that suspension band style should go a long way to helping the Maxwell (in theory) on the comort front.

Also, thanks @Audeze and @xsankar for the audio sample! I just happened upon it last night on YT and was seriously impressed, wondered why we hadn't talked about it and had not realised it was hot off the press :beyersmile:

More of those videos would be great, and certainly help with waiting.

Jan 24, 2023 at 6:29 AM Post #803 of 4,444
Judging by the video of the microphone and the presentation, titanic work on errors on all fronts is visible. The microphone is cosmically cool, or the voice processing algorithm, on the head due to a wide leather headband will certainly be more convenient, several times longer working time is also only pleasing. At the same time, the constant cost of the headset is fantastically pleasing. Thank you for the new video content, we are waiting for more!

Jan 24, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #804 of 4,444
That mic test video is insane.

The mic quality alone, never mind the noise cancelling, seems pretty much perfect. So much better than any gaming headset I’ve used. Then the noise cancelling is even more impressive!

Jan 24, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #805 of 4,444
Would be nice to see how the new Audeze app works and to show the presets and tuning options. However if I’m not mistaken the presents are already loaded on the Maxwells so the app is needed more for custom tuning?

Jan 24, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #806 of 4,444
I forgot I ordered this so I could review it(more for sound quality with light mic reports). What's the time frame for shipping? I know it said January initially.

Jan 24, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #807 of 4,444
@corgifall

From Audeze Maxwell FAQ (latest info)

"
Any updates to shipping timeframes?

We now have Maxwell units in our SoCal warehouse, and are making some changes to optimize the firmware.

Playstation: Once the firmware is updated, we’ll ship the PS units immediately worldwide Once the firmware is updated, we’ll ship the PS units immediately worldwide (this means international dealers/distributors as well). We hope this will be in just a few weeks

Xbox: We have to wait for Microsoft’s certification before we can ship. Unfortunately, we have no control over this process, and we have no idea how long this will take.

Be assured we will ship every Maxwell order as soon as we can. We're excited to get this product into our customers' hands, but we need to know you'll have a good experience with it (and get Microsoft's blessing for the Xbox units).

No further info is available at this time."

Jan 24, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #808 of 4,444
I purchased an Xbox unit in addition to waiting on a review sample. If I were to purchase a PS variant, would it ship rather quickly or do you have more pre-orders than available units in SoCal at the moment? Trying to gauge some timing here. Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #810 of 4,444
The PS5 Edition uses Kraken shipment technology and is thus way quicker in availability. Thanks to the efforts of Audeze and SONY ICE Team the PS5 Edition should also also be a less stiff in how the pad surface aligns onto your head. This is a sidefeature of the Kraken shipment technology as the time and space warping feature naturally pushes the atoms of the glass infused Nylon to the max in a similar fashion as Ohno Continuous Cast does to copper and silver, just way more geometric and way denser.

Thanks to this technology I already hold the headset in my hands and play through Hogwarts Legacy, I just haven't arrived in body and mind yet to witness it as time stilll passes naturally for me. We simply aren't there yet to apply this tech to humans or living biomass.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back