Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Jan 21, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #736 of 4,444
Is Audeze really that of a "small company" nowadays? :thinking:
They are not a large company. What I found online was they have 25 to 30 employees and $5 to $10 million in revenue. That makes them a small company compared to those that have products in every Best Buy.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #742 of 4,444
Yes, Audeze collects money upfront.
Welp, I should have done my homework then. So we’re charged in full and have no idea when Maxwell will ship. This seems like a kickstarter project. I fully expected to have the Xbox version when I preordered on 12/8 in time for the Dead Space remake. I didn’t realize Audeze was that small a company. Not to be Debby Downer this is all unprofessional IMHO. I think I’m out. Also when viewing Maxwell’s website on iOS the #*#+@ FAQ links the Penrose product page!

Jan 21, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #744 of 4,444
This. The January anticipated ship date of Xbox units was BS because they knew they hadn’t even been certified by MSFT yet and now state they have no idea when this will happen. Claiming a January ship date was done to encourage preorders and generate capital pure and simple. All the people that preordered are essentially giving an interest free loan to a company for however long it takes to actually ship the units.

It amazes me how many sheep are out there that are ok with this practice and it only encourages this behavior in the future. I expect a discount for a preorder to loan my money to a company for an extended period of time (unknown now according to Audeze’s post). It’s the unscrupulous nature that needs to be called out. It has nothing to do with being impatient. If they were forthright in stating we don’t know when these units will ship in 2023, very few people would have preordered. An alternate approach would have been to say we have no idea when these units will ship in 2023, but if you preorder we are giving a 15% discount (or whatever is still profitable to them but still encourages preorder knowing there is an unknown ship date) which many people would have been good with. But they wanted their cake and to eat it too knowing that once people order they aren’t as likely to cancel even once consumers get the real information about shipping and now we also have everyones money.
Interest free loan…. I really can’t take you and anyone who agrees seriously. We are talking a few weeks delay. Stuff happens. Request a refund or move on.

Jan 21, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #745 of 4,444
Interest free loan…. I really can’t take you and anyone who agrees seriously. We are talking a few weeks delay. Stuff happens. Request a refund or move on.
Is it really “a few weeks delay”. We have NO shipping date confirmed especially for the Xbox version or PS for that matter. I think it’s valid to have concerns especially with the cost and talk this out civilly. Some companies you can pre-order with confidence others not so much. I figured Audeze had a good rep but #*%+ happens. Granted this is all about a lux gaming headphone so I’m keeping things in perspective.

Jan 21, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #747 of 4,444
I would be upset, but in terms of specs there is no other wireless headset that comes close and I’m tired of using wires 😭😭 so I’m willing to wait for peak. It’s like being upset my favorite anime new season is coming went from coming out in the summer to the fall

Jan 21, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #748 of 4,444
It is a shame but tbh the Penrose had a similar launch so maybe that’s just the way it is when delays etc hit.

It’s all perception I guess. As a customer if I was preordering something in December which said ‘shipping early January’ (as the UK site said) I’d (rightly or wrongly) assume the product was just about ready to go with just the final shipping to sort out.

Now we see that February might be optimistic it just feels like Audeze were a bit too keen to ‘over promise’ maybe. I get delays happen but it sounds like there were several parts of the process to still go through before they could be shipped - probably more than could have been achieved before early Jan assuming there were no delays anyway.

I’m pretty sure they’ll be incredible sounding headsets when they arrive but it does feel like some of the mistakes of the Penrose launch have simply been repeated again.

Fingers crossed everyone who hangs in there will be really pleased once they arrive.

Jan 21, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #750 of 4,444
Lol I pop back on and its gotten worse. Some people really need to give their heads a wobble, Are we dealing in conspiracy theories now?. This happens all the time I pay for things and sometimes I can be waiting months longer due to delays. If i weren't happy I would get a refund and go buy another headset. I wouldn't sit on a forum screaming blue murder and grabbing the pitchforks. Look this isn't ideal but they said the PS version will hopefully ship in the next few weeks. As for the Xbox version well let me tell you this. This happens with a lot of Xbox licensed products they can take quite a while to do the certification and there is a backlog right now. The gamedac 2 took 6 months just to receive the Green light. So in short if your not happy then don't continue with the purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back