Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Jan 15, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #571 of 4,459
I feel better knowing that Audeze has a 30-day return policy on direct sales. Buyer is responsible for return shipping but Im willing to take the hit. If I find the Xbox Maxwell to have unacceptable PS5 performance I’ll send it back immediately. Considering the first production run for Xbox is sold out I expect many will do the same.
Even if the headset does not work with the ps5 correctly, for me personally this will not be a reason for its return or resale, Penrose X is the best sound in headphones for consoles, the best wireless sound for mobile phones with DAC, and for Nintendo Switch as well. I had arctis 7p and 7x from steelseries, this is the level of sound quality for a very unassuming user, especially not for a lover of listening to music. Therefore, I have very big doubts that Nova will be able to somehow compete with Maxwell in this. So saying that many will return them if there is incomplete support for an undeclared platform is nonsense.

Jan 15, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #572 of 4,459
If I was Audeze, I would refuse to allow returns if someone bought an Xbox version to use on PS5 when it was clearly stated it would not work well.

Jan 15, 2023 at 6:05 PM Post #573 of 4,459
If I was Audeze, I would refuse to allow returns if someone bought an Xbox version to use on PS5 when it was clearly stated it would not work well.
Fortunately for them, you're not Audeze. The majority of places allow returns for any reason and usually no questions asked.

Jan 15, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #574 of 4,459
Look this is all beyond ridiculous now. They stated publicly they can't guarantee it would work on ps5 and if it does there could be issues. Then again there might not be. But it could change at any moment too with an update from Sony and it stop working altogether. Those that want to use it on all platforms have to accept it comes with risks attached. If your happy for that then its all good then. If not then maybe another headset would be better.

Jan 15, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #575 of 4,459
Every manufacturer has a return policy on new electronics so what you are suggesting is ridiculous. Best Buy offers 2 weeks on TVs that cost thousands. Do you know how many people return TVs?
Thank goodness you’re not running Audeze. Also it was stated Xbox “may not work” never mention no compatibility.

Jan 15, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #576 of 4,459
Why don't we wait until it's out and see then? I have no problem testing it out and letting people know. I have an Xbox Series X and a PS5. I rarely play my PS5, but I can still test it out. I've got the Xbox version on order and should be in the first batch.

Jan 15, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #577 of 4,459
Why don't we wait until it's out and see then? I have no problem testing it out and letting people know. I have an Xbox Series X and a PS5. I rarely play my PS5, but I can still test it out. I've got the Xbox version on order and should be in the first batch.
Will the Xbox Maxwell work with PlayStation (or vice versa)?
The PlayStation version will not work on Xbox. Xbox version on PlayStation via the USB dongle is not officially supported and may not work. Using the Xbox version on PS via wired USB, there may be some limitations in volume control and other possible loss of functionality. We recommend use of the properly supported version for each console.

I guess any firmware from Audeze or Playstation could change if it works or doesn't. They did say in their FAQ Xbox headset MAY NOT on Playstation but  they said the Playstation headset WILL NOT WORK on Xbox.

I am confused why they're 100% Playstation headset wont work on Xbox but they're being careful with saying if the Xbox headset won't or will work on Playstation.

I am happy to know I bought a Xbox headset because Xbox my main system but if in the end Xbox only works on Xbox I will just buy the Playstation ver for my Playstation games. If a headset good I don't mind supporting the company.

Jan 15, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #578 of 4,459
I am confused why they're 100% Playstation headset wont work on Xbox but they're being careful with saying if the Xbox headset won't or will work on Playstation.

Because Microsoft requires a special chipset/license to work Xbox, so they know 100% they didn't put the chip into the playstation version.

Anyway, this discussion has been done to death. All that's left is to wait for either reviews or our headsets to arrive.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 9:58 PM Post #579 of 4,459
Because Microsoft requires a special chipset/license to work Xbox, so they know 100% they didn't put the chip into the playstation version.

Anyway, this discussion has been done to death. There's really no point to continuing this topic.
I know why the Playstation headset doesn't work on the Xbox system because Audeze said it wont.

When it comes to the Xbox headset working on the Playstation they didnt say it WONT work they said MAY not work this is impliant playstation or Audeze themselves could effect it working. Words matter how they're used.

This topic has been discussed alot because its a important topic and hasn't been answered.

If they would of said xbox headset won't work on Playstation then people would understand but using the words "may not" makes people curious.

Have a nice day

Jan 15, 2023 at 10:21 PM Post #580 of 4,459
I know why the Playstation headset doesn't work on the Xbox system because Audeze said it wont.

When it comes to the Xbox headset working on the Playstation they didnt say it WONT work they said MAY not work this is impliant playstation or Audeze themselves could effect it working. Words matter how they're used.

This topic has been discussed alot because its a important topic and hasn't been answered.

If they would of said xbox headset won't work on Playstation then people would understand but using the words "may not" makes people curious.

Have a nice day
The real issues is that early on they pushed customers to the Xbox version if they had both consoles. They outright said for compatibility one should buy the Xbox but to expect potentially different sound levels.

Now they are changing their tune, and I'm guessing Microsoft made a stink about their wording? Who knows?

But suddenly it's a different line

Jan 15, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #581 of 4,459
The real issues is that early on they pushed customers to the Xbox version if they had both consoles. They outright said for compatibility one should buy the Xbox but to expect potentially different sound levels.

Now they are changing their tune, and I'm guessing Microsoft made a stink about their wording? Who knows?

But suddenly it's a different line
Where did they do that.

Jan 15, 2023 at 10:54 PM Post #582 of 4,459
Where did they do that.
PS version headset does not support Xbox due to a lack of Microsoft chip/licensing. You can still use the PS Maxwell on Xbox, but only with the Aux cable input to the Xbox controller.

Xbox Maxwell WILL work on Playstation as stated, many, many times before on this thread. You can connect through aux cable, or set the dongle to PC mode, but bear in mind that you will be quite limited in function. It will WORK, but you may lack things like high enough volume output, volume control, and cause a higher noise floor.

No, this would mean we'd need an additional chipset, as well as drive up the cost of Maxwell, as well as add a lot more complexity to an already complex platform. It is not going to be possible. We've decided to focus on the vast majority of other features which are a considerable improvement in most aspects over the Penrose. We understand that we can't make everyone happy, but we think our targeted features will speak for themselves.

Sony already uses their own surround algorithm in Sony Tempest 3D Audio, which you can consider direct competition to Atmos for headphones. It's also free, and embedded into the core PS5 functionality.

Again, NO simultaneous audio. You can pair BT and dongle at the same time, and when a call comes in, you tap on the power button and it will switch to the call. Once it's over it should switch back to the dongle/game audio.

To clarify one last time: You will not be able to hear both game and BT audio at the same time. We have specified why earlier.
They mention similar throughout the first few pages here, i cant remember where and when they said choose the Xbox if you have both but they have confirmed repeatedly it would work with ps on PC mode

Jan 16, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #584 of 4,459
I have not seen them do this once. I can't find any post that does. This should be easy to find.
That's because a number of posts have now been deleted it seems to stop any further contradiction or to reflect their more definitive stance. I remember reading a few posts (from MadLustEnvy from memory) that mentioned, if you had both consoles then get the Xbox version etc. It seems this stance has changed a little - perhaps as firmware has developed or maybe some issue with M/Soft or Sony but the initial pages of this thread (before deletion) certainly gave the impression the Xbox Maxwell would be like the Penrose X in compatibility.

Personally, once I see stock appearing the the UK, I'll get the PS version anyway - once they mentioned possible noise/volume and tuning issues, I made my mind up.

Jan 16, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #585 of 4,459
as
That's because a number of posts have now been deleted it seems to stop any further contradiction or to reflect their more definitive stance. I remember reading a few posts (from MadLustEnvy from memory) that mentioned, if you had both consoles then get the Xbox version etc. It seems this stance has changed a little - perhaps as firmware has developed or maybe some issue with M/Soft or Sony but the initial pages of this thread (before deletion) certainly gave the impression the Xbox Maxwell would be like the Penrose X in compatibility.

Personally, once I see stock appearing the the UK, I'll get the PS version anyway - once they mentioned possible noise/volume and tuning issues, I made my mind up.
all I saw was him saying that to avoid any issues and if you want the headset asap then to order the PlayStation version

Users who are viewing this thread

Back