Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Apr 12, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #2,971 of 4,444
Now the word from my dealer in Sweden is 1st June...

What's going on with EU-orders?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230413-002346~2.png
    Screenshot_20230413-002346~2.png
    126 KB · Views: 0
Apr 13, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #2,974 of 4,444
Aaaaand Audeze is presenting new headphones, MM-100 said to launch in June... I don't want to be salty but I will soon hit half a year mark waiting for my Maxwell unit. But I have to say they look cool. Similar thing with sharing design elements like with LCD-1 and Mobius.
I love how the grill of the open-back version looks and it would be awsome to have maxwell like that.
I wonder if it the same 90mm planar driver or something even better.

Apr 13, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #2,975 of 4,444
Aaaaand Audeze is presenting new headphones, MM-100 said to launch in June... I don't want to be salty but I will soon hit half a year mark waiting for my Maxwell unit. But I have to say they look cool. Similar thing with sharing design elements like with LCD-1 and Mobius.
I love how the grill of the open-back version looks and it would be awsome to have maxwell like that.
Given their track record, I’m highly skeptical of an actual June launch lol.

Apr 13, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #2,976 of 4,444
Looks like the connection is 3.5mm, which is perfect for a Vmoda Boom Pro. I might be returning my Maxwells…

Apr 14, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #2,979 of 4,444
There's a weird behavior with my maxwell when connecting to my macbook with bluetooth. When I'm on a google meet, then I play a youtube video, then I paused the youtube video, the google meet will be on mute(?). The only way to unmute it is to reconnect to the meet. This does not happen with my galaxy buds 2, does anyone have a similar problem?

Apr 14, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #2,981 of 4,444
How do you guys switch between BT playback and PC Dongle playback?

I tried muting my PC and then pressing play on my phone to listen to the music, but it doesn't switch to BT. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong or firmware bug. Couldn't find any instructions in the user guide

Edit: Now that I think about it, I muted the Game device but my discord which is connected to Chat device probably wasn't muted and although nobody was talking, maybe Discord is tying up that channel and making Maxwell not switch to BT music

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #2,982 of 4,444
Christian from Audeze Support aka Mad Lust Envy answered me. I'll try this method later this day:

There is an issue with the updater that may show a failed update notification even if it passes.

Please re-attempt to install the dongle firmware. Make sure the headset is on and the dongle is on.

To re-pair the Maxwell's dongle to your headset, you'll need to turn on the headset and plug the dongle into a source (make sure that the slider on your dongle is set to the appropriate mode for your device).

Insert a paperclip into the small hole on the side of the dongle (you'll feel a slight click as the button depresses). Hold the button until the light on the dongle begins to flash.

Once the LED is flashing, hold down the noise reduction button on the front of your headset, and then while holding that button down, press the power button three times in quick succession until the LED stops blinking (it may take a few moments for pairing to occur). Your headset may power off and power back on after it re-pairs.

vqfgEilGMLIYDUQxq45SrZJkx

After re-pairing, go to Audeze HQ (run the program as Administrator) with the dongle connected, the headset ON (but not connected via cable). Double click the firmware version of the dongle, to make the update button appear, and follow the steps. Even if it says failed, as long as the dongle shows v38, the update passed.

I would suggest trying this on another source pc from friend or family to ensure it's not some connection issue with your PC.
It isn't working for me. Still wating for a new firmware update.

Apr 14, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #2,983 of 4,444
How do you guys switch between BT playback and PC Dongle playback?

I tried muting my PC and then pressing play on my phone to listen to the music, but it doesn't switch to BT. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong or firmware bug. Couldn't find any instructions in the user guide
I can't find a reliable way either. I have same issue when trying to go from the dongle to phone. On ps5 you have to go into settings and disable the headset, which is annoying. I wish there was a button to force switch between inputs. Hands done the biggest issue with the maxwells imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back