Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Apr 10, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #2,956 of 4,444

Attachments

• PXL_20230410_162144831.jpg
    PXL_20230410_162144831.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Apr 10, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #2,958 of 4,444
Apr 10, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #2,959 of 4,444
If the headset is turned off before the dongle update starts, the dongle itself is also turned off. Without the headset turned on, the dongle is not displayed in win 10
I meant not connected as in plugged in. Sounds like you're doing it right then. That's strange. Might want to contact support. What you're describing isn't normal.

Apr 10, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #2,960 of 4,444
Apr 11, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #2,962 of 4,444
I own:
  • 2xhr
  • Hd555
  • HD630VB
  • Ath50
Are these better in terms of listening to music to any of these? Are these a grade above those?

It's like comparing dynamic and balanced armature in-ear headphones. each of them has its advantages and disadvantages and its fans and haters.
All the headphones listed by you are with dynamic drivers, Maxwell with magnetic planar emitters, so the nature of the sound will be noticeably different. I think the warmer basses will be behind the dynamic headphones, and the faster feed and analytical sound will be on Maxwell's side.

Apr 11, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #2,963 of 4,444
Christian from Audeze Support aka Mad Lust Envy answered me. I'll try this method later this day:

There is an issue with the updater that may show a failed update notification even if it passes.

Please re-attempt to install the dongle firmware. Make sure the headset is on and the dongle is on.

To re-pair the Maxwell's dongle to your headset, you'll need to turn on the headset and plug the dongle into a source (make sure that the slider on your dongle is set to the appropriate mode for your device).

Insert a paperclip into the small hole on the side of the dongle (you'll feel a slight click as the button depresses). Hold the button until the light on the dongle begins to flash.

Once the LED is flashing, hold down the noise reduction button on the front of your headset, and then while holding that button down, press the power button three times in quick succession until the LED stops blinking (it may take a few moments for pairing to occur). Your headset may power off and power back on after it re-pairs.

vqfgEilGMLIYDUQxq45SrZJkx

After re-pairing, go to Audeze HQ (run the program as Administrator) with the dongle connected, the headset ON (but not connected via cable). Double click the firmware version of the dongle, to make the update button appear, and follow the steps. Even if it says failed, as long as the dongle shows v38, the update passed.

I would suggest trying this on another source pc from friend or family to ensure it's not some connection issue with your PC.

Apr 11, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #2,964 of 4,444
Christian from Audeze Support aka Mad Lust Envy answered me. I'll try this method later this day:

There is an issue with the updater that may show a failed update notification even if it passes.

Please re-attempt to install the dongle firmware. Make sure the headset is on and the dongle is on.

To re-pair the Maxwell's dongle to your headset, you'll need to turn on the headset and plug the dongle into a source (make sure that the slider on your dongle is set to the appropriate mode for your device).

Insert a paperclip into the small hole on the side of the dongle (you'll feel a slight click as the button depresses). Hold the button until the light on the dongle begins to flash.

Once the LED is flashing, hold down the noise reduction button on the front of your headset, and then while holding that button down, press the power button three times in quick succession until the LED stops blinking (it may take a few moments for pairing to occur). Your headset may power off and power back on after it re-pairs.

vqfgEilGMLIYDUQxq45SrZJkx

After re-pairing, go to Audeze HQ (run the program as Administrator) with the dongle connected, the headset ON (but not connected via cable). Double click the firmware version of the dongle, to make the update button appear, and follow the steps. Even if it says failed, as long as the dongle shows v38, the update passed.

I would suggest trying this on another source pc from friend or family to ensure it's not some connection issue with your PC.
Hope it works!

Apr 12, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #2,966 of 4,444
Looking for a good travel headphone for a plane. Wondering if anyone has tried the Maxwell from a DAP. I’d like to run Bluetooth and ideally have access to the Audeze DSP settings from my A&K KANN Max.

Apr 12, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #2,967 of 4,444
My dongle is on version x.x.038 and when I double click the version in the HQ it wants me to update to the same version - known error or should I do it?

It is intended to do so as a fail safe for firmware reinstallation when something went wrong after an update.

I suggest re-installing the firmware through PC, and making sure both the dongle and headset are on the same firmware. Open Audeze HQ and double click the device version and the update button will re-appear. Make sure HQ is up to date beforehand.

Apr 12, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #2,968 of 4,444
It's like comparing dynamic and balanced armature in-ear headphones. each of them has its advantages and disadvantages and its fans and haters.
All the headphones listed by you are with dynamic drivers, Maxwell with magnetic planar emitters, so the nature of the sound will be noticeably different. I think the warmer basses will be behind the dynamic headphones, and the faster feed and analytical sound will be on Maxwell's side.
Not even remotely helpful, thanks!

Apr 12, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #2,969 of 4,444
Not even remotely helpful, thanks!

Well that's rude. No one can tell you whether you will think one headphone is subjectively better than another for music listening, especially when you didn't even bother to mention what type of music you listen to or what your preferences are when it comes to audio.

Apr 12, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #2,970 of 4,444
From a music listening point of view, has anyone compared the Maxwell to the Audeze LCD-i3 (using the Cipher V2 lightning cable). I know this is an open back IEM, but it’s sound is more inline with a full sized headphone so I feel it is a legitimate comparison. The other planar headphone I own is the Oppo PM-3, which I also like quite a bit.

To my ears, the LCD-i3’s sound signature is more exciting to me than the Oppo’s, so perhaps that kind of describes my preferences.

Keen to hear your thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back