Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Apr 7, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #2,926 of 4,444
Has anyone got these to work with an iPad via USB? I plugged the USB dongle and the USB cable into my iPad (10th gen) and neither of them worked to play sound through the headphones. They work perfectly with my PC with both USB inputs.
On my iPad Pro I get some audio with the dongle but there is a lot of static. Would be cool if it was supported.

Apr 7, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #2,927 of 4,444
I ordered the PlayStation version from headphones.com on Tuesday and got them today. DM customer support to see if they have any units left, last I checked they had a couple of units left when I placed my order.
DMed them and they said they are out of units. They don't know when they'll be getting the next shipment either.

Hmm not sure if it's worth trying with them or elsewhere.

Apr 8, 2023 at 3:11 AM Post #2,931 of 4,444
On my iPad Pro I get some audio with the dongle but there is a lot of static. Would be cool if it was supported.
Has anyone got these to work with an iPad via USB? I plugged the USB dongle and the USB cable into my iPad (10th gen) and neither of them worked to play sound through the headphones. They work perfectly with my PC with both USB inputs.

Hi, maybe my previous post might be able to help.
Tips for iPad Pro with USB Dongle.

I’m using iPad Pro 3rd Gen. (2018), the dongle won’t activate under PC Mode, and produces unbearable loud volume under PS Mode.

The workaround is as follows,
  1. Make sure the iPad Pro isn’t playing any audio.
  2. Open web YouTube using Safari browser.
  3. Play any long video and mute the audio using the YouTube web interface.
  4. Connect the dongle under PS Mode.
  5. Power on the headset without wearing it.
  6. Scroll the Headphone Volume Wheel to increase volume all the way up to 100%, then all the way down to 0%.
  7. Unmute the YouTube video, you should hear nothing from the headphones.
  8. Slowly increase the volume until you hear audio playing.
  9. Wear the headset and adjust the volume to your liking.

* This is just a workaround, needs the official solution from @Audeze.

There is another way to make USB Dongle work, which is by connecting through a USB Hub (I’m using HyperDrive). The PC Mode works perfectly with the hub, but the iPad Pro battery might drained quicker due to the hub.

Main point is DO NOT use PC Mode when connecting dongle directly to your iPad, and remember to adjust volume up and down before playing out any sound. Please follow the steps described.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #2,932 of 4,444
For movies/tv, you will need specific Apple/Beats headphones for Atmos to work with Apple TV 4K.

Maxwell can be used on Xbox or Windows with Atmos media. Series S would be the cheapest play if you don't care about gaming. Audeze uses that setup at shows.
Thanks for the reply!
Yeah, I have a Series X, but prefer the Apple TV for media purposes, was just curious if it would work. To be honest, I’ve had the AirPods Max (ended up returning them) and the Atmos experience was pretty underwhelming. Bluetooth is (still) very limited when it comes to audio quality, always try to wire things up if I’m going to watch a movie for two hours or something.

Apr 9, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #2,934 of 4,444
Anyone want to take bets on the over/under on Xbox headsets getting to us before May or not?

Right now it looks like it's a really close call to make the end of April, so still possible. But could easily slide into may.

At this point by the time I get these it's getting so nice out so won't be spending much as much time gaming. I'll get more use out of these in the fall.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #2,935 of 4,444
Anyone want to take bets on the over/under on Xbox headsets getting to us before May or not?

Right now it looks like it's a really close call to make the end of April, so still possible. But could easily slide into may.

At this point by the time I get these it's getting so nice out so won't be spending much as much time gaming. I'll get more use out of these in the fall.
Later than planned / committed is a good bet. I don’t say that because of any inside knowledge (I have none) but because project planning and execution is inherently hard and full of unknowns, with people almost always biased towards being too optimistic in what they think they can do, and pressed by others (managers, sales teams, executives, and customers) to overcommit. Thus products are more likely to be late than they are to be on time or early.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #2,936 of 4,444

Apr 9, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #2,937 of 4,444
Being that Audeze has been less than upfront about what happened with selling the ones bound for retailers to direct orders and this supposed shipment that’s “on the way”, I expect nothing less than the worst outcome and getting them in late May. Cue my Penrose starting to crack after being babied for 2 years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back