Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 3, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #1,907 of 4,444
Where are you? What country I mean. I am in the UK and have mine already.
Spain. Both dealers I consulted with are mainland Europe (France and Spain). So maybe that's the thing. Since it appears that Audeze does not have an official European online store, we rely on third parties getting their stock from Audeze first.
Ordering from the USA or UK is out of the question due to eye-gouging shipping fees, import taxes and possible warranty issues due to being different territories.

Mar 3, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #1,908 of 4,444
Spain. Both dealers I consulted with are mainland Europe (France and Spain). So maybe that's the thing. Since it appears that Audeze does not have an official European online store, we rely on third parties getting their stock from Audeze first.
Ordering from the USA or UK is out of the question due to eye-gouging shipping fees, import taxes and possible warranty issues due to being different territories.

The same here, the official Audeze distributor in Madrid has given me a delivery date in 2-3 weeks this morning.
If you buy from the United Kingdom they nail us a fortune for shipping and taxes.
We have to wait almost another month.
Enjoy the lucky ones!

Mar 3, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #1,910 of 4,444
Looks like Adorama got a nice healthy stock of the PS5 Maxwells in, they are available on Amazon US. Picked one up and will arrive early next week.

Mar 3, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #1,911 of 4,444
The soundstage is not great and we still don't have custom EQ if it makes you feel better.
i just fired them up and had a listen on my iphone, everything sounds very flat, even if i put. on bass boost or treble boost, listening to an ALAC file. my jaybird vistas sound better and more alive. am i doing something wrong? i had some ankor Q40’s that had more detail

Mar 3, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #1,912 of 4,444
Just contacted HiFiHeadphones in the UK - the expected arrival of stock by today hasn't happened yet it seems - they're response was that 'stock is on its way to them still'. (updated - now saying they expect them Monday or Tuesday next week??)

Aiming for next week shipping still - provided the supply actually turns up I guess!

I'm giving up all hope if they don't have them early next week and might just invest the cash upgrading my wired setup :p

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #1,913 of 4,444
i just fired them up and had a listen on my iphone, everything sounds very flat, even if i put. on bass boost or treble boost, listening to an ALAC file. my jaybird vistas sound better and more alive. am i doing something wrong? i had some ankor Q40’s that had more detail
Have you tried using them on your computer either with the supplied USB-C cable or wireless dongle (preferably both) to see if there is an improvement or difference to rule out issues with your iphone?

Mar 3, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #1,914 of 4,444

Idk bro. It's probably flat by design. I'm starting to think these headsets are for the volume heads who blow out their eaeardrums. Either that or we just desperately need EQ, because these presets aren't doing it for me either.

I do agree with the other comment that you should try it on a PC, maybe it's the codec support for iPhone?

Mar 3, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #1,915 of 4,444
The only problem is that this source is an absolute bottom in terms of transmitting, amplifying and playing high-quality music. Any phone with snapdragon soc plays much better. It's like saying that earpods play better than the westone 4r, for example.

Mar 3, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #1,916 of 4,444
I'm giving up all hope if they don't have them early next week :p
Im the same with the Scan stock :fingers_crossed: Im still slightly salty that’s some people have there’s consider how early my order was. Every time I speak to someone there I get a different answer.

Not sure what to do with myself for another week.

Mar 3, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #1,917 of 4,444
Just contacted HiFiHeadphones in the UK - the expected arrival of stock by today hasn't happened yet it seems - they're response was that 'stock is on its way to them still'.

Aiming for next week shipping still - provided the supply actually turns up I guess!

I'm giving up all hope if they don't have them early next week :p
Also been in contact with hifi headphones today and the response was 'All PS5 orders will be fulfilled next week'.... considering they are an actual Audeze official stockist/dealer and they don't have them in hand is slightly concerning as other retailers do......don't get me wrong I'm not gonna cancel my order and am still looking forward to getting my hand on these but it's very frustrating

Mar 3, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #1,918 of 4,444
Is this an update to the existing Android Audeze HQ app as used with Penrose, or is it a new app altogether?
It is an update to the existing app that works with Penrose. The update has been submitted to the play store for review. It should be up in a few days.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 3, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #1,919 of 4,444
The only problem is that this source is an absolute bottom in terms of transmitting, amplifying and playing high-quality music. Any phone with snapdragon soc plays much better. It's like saying that earpods play better than the westone 4r, for example.
i understand that, but why would i get way better sound out of some 3 year old jaybird earbuds? i haven’t tried the pc yet with the dingle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back