Audeze lcd5, focal stellia, recommendation for third pair…
May 11, 2022 at 6:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

wdh777

100+ Head-Fier
Title says it all, looking to expand my collection by one. Own the Audeze lcd5 and focal stellia. What would you all recommend as the next pair? Sennheiser 820? Focal utopia? Meze empyrian ? Others…

Last edited:
May 11, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #3 of 6
to add to that, hd800. definitely my second favorite headphone of all time, and my favorite headphone for the price. they can be dirt cheap (got mine for $500!) and will punch waaaaay above their weight. insane soundstage, detail, and imaging. the timbre is... well, not great, and most people find the tonality to be weird. i love it, though, so definitely give them a shot. my favorite, money no object headphones is the utopias. dislike the empyrean and elite, so those two would be my reccomendations.

May 11, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #4 of 6
Title says it all, looking to expand my collection by one. Own the Audeze lcd5 and focal stellia. What would you all recommend as the next pair? Sennheiser 820? Focal utopia? Meze empyrian ? Others…
Utopia is somewhat similar to the LCD-5, take it only if you really like that signature.
I'll say a Final D8000, neutral and quite relaxed/but powerful and with unbelievable bass. Or a ZMF Verité/Atrium.

May 11, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #6 of 6
I'd test the 820 before buying it, wouldn't get them myself. I'd go with a Drop 8xx on ebay you can get for $750 and remove the top and bottom stickers to get them closer to the hd800s which I've had and still regret selling. Currently I have the HD700 and HD650 and they're fun on a bun with Moon audio blue dragon cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back