AUDEZE LCD XC
Jun 2, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #3,076 of 4,142
Turn the four screws a tiny bit with a phillips. That should take care of the issue. I enjoy my 3s and XC contrast.

Jun 2, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #3,078 of 4,142
You are right. My bad. And bad timing to be a weekend. Sorry.

Jun 3, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #3,080 of 4,142
EarDrumExplode:

My LCD XC's have a small slotted set screw. Once you adjust yours to the perfect height, simply tighten the set screw and they will not wander. The one side may have been slightly tightened enough not to allow easy movement.

Jun 3, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #3,082 of 4,142
I've heard that the new head bands were designed to not have the screws adjusted. They are supposed to be the right depth for holding and adjustment and I think that someone said they put lock tight on the set screws.

I didntd need lock-tight. Just need light tightening to keep it set. And loose enough to adjust it later.

Wish they had perforated headbands earlier. I got the carbon fiber headband without the holes

Jun 3, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #3,083 of 4,142
I didntd need lock-tight. Just need light tightening to keep it set. And loose enough to adjust it later.

Wish they had perforated headbands earlier. I got the carbon fiber headband without the holes
That's the same one I got on my LCD-XC's but I have the new carbon fiber headband on my new LCD-X's. I must say I like the look of the new CF headband with the perforated leather a little bit more. I can also say the new CF headband sits on the head a little bit better as well.

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #3,086 of 4,142
@SonicTrance : You are right, the 2016 XC impedance is no longer flat, I have not seen it but probably varies 5-10 ohms. However doesn't make a bit of difference as long as you are using a voltage amplifier with 3 ohms or less output impedance.

You mentioned you have the pre-2016 version, how do you like them? There have been a number of discussions on this thread concerning upgrade, I think the consensus is, if you like the way your XCs sound, don't mess with them. If you think the sound sucks, send them in for the 2016 upgrade. The biggest change was a reduction in bass at 100-300 Hz and some reduction in upper mids.

Jun 7, 2018 at 3:16 AM Post #3,087 of 4,142
@SonicTrance : You are right, the 2016 XC impedance is no longer flat, I have not seen it but probably varies 5-10 ohms. However doesn't make a bit of difference as long as you are using a voltage amplifier with 3 ohms or less output impedance.

You mentioned you have the pre-2016 version, how do you like them? There have been a number of discussions on this thread concerning upgrade, I think the consensus is, if you like the way your XCs sound, don't mess with them. If you think the sound sucks, send them in for the 2016 upgrade. The biggest change was a reduction in bass at 100-300 Hz and some reduction in upper mids.
I actually really like the u shape signature. I think they compliment the LCD-3's very nicely.
So yeah, I'm definitely keeping my XC's as is, if they dont break that is.

Jul 3, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #3,088 of 4,142
I just ordered a pair of these hp's love the Audeze sound..

Jul 3, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #3,089 of 4,142
Got mine used a week ago and they have been a true eye-opener after 10 years of using DT 990 PRO exclusively.
The Beyers now sound like everything is filtered through a 3 foot concrete wall :)

Seems like the current ones come with this newer style of headband https://www.audeze.com/products/accessories/lcd-suspension-headband
Mine have the older leather wrapped memory foam headband. I was wandering if anyone using those upgraded to the new style and whether that made a noticeable improvement in comfort.

Jul 3, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #3,090 of 4,142
I'll be happy to let you know when I get mine Monday my lcd3's have the older headband will see..enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back