AUDEZE LCD XC
May 6, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #3,061 of 4,142
It’s hard because sound is personal, I find the XC to be very warm so adding a more detailed or to me neutral sounding Dac like the chord gives the XC a more spacious sound. But it’s all personal.

Yup, agree 100%.

Also, I’ve said it more than once in this thread regarding differences between individual XC headphones. Look at pics earlier in the thread showing some very different FR graphs. Mine is very bright (early 2014 model) while I’ve seen others graphs that look like they’d be quite warm. Makes it difficult for consensus and recommendations. I should have mentioned my production year in my post.

May 7, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #3,062 of 4,142
Yup, agree 100%.

Also, I’ve said it more than once in this thread regarding differences between individual XC headphones. Look at pics earlier in the thread showing some very different FR graphs. Mine is very bright (early 2014 model) while I’ve seen others graphs that look like they’d be quite warm. Makes it difficult for consensus and recommendations. I should have mentioned my production year in my post.

I forgot about that mine’s only a little over 2 years old, an early 2016 model. I’ve had it since February or March 2016. It’s funny that Audeze decided to change the XC sound characteristics so drastically.

May 8, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #3,064 of 4,142
Anyone feel like their XC's sound a little boxed in? I sent mine in about 3 months ago and to have the latest drivers installed in them. I enjoy their sound but yesterday was the first time I listened to them and felt they sounded like a closed headphone.

May 8, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #3,065 of 4,142
Alright...welp...I bought the Sennheiser HDV 820. Reputable brand, made in Germany, good reviews. Screw it! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::o2smile: Hopefully I made a decent choice!

Shot my price target all to hell. Being an amateur in this arena, I decided to go with a name I knew .

May 8, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #3,068 of 4,142
Alright...welp...I bought the Sennheiser HDV 820. Reputable brand, made in Germany, good reviews. Screw it! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::o2smile: Hopefully I made a decent choice!

Shot my price target all to hell. Being an amateur in this arena, I decided to go with a name I knew .

What a great DAC/amp! You won't be sorry (after the initial shock wears off).

May 9, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #3,069 of 4,142
Well, the audio seems to be quite flat, doesn't pack a lot of 'punch', especially in the bass. However, extremely clear

Also, does anyone use a broad EQ software that layers on top of whatever Windows is pushing to the DAC? Something like FxSound by example?

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #3,071 of 4,142
Well, the audio seems to be quite flat, doesn't pack a lot of 'punch', especially in the bass. However, extremely clear

Also, does anyone use a broad EQ software that layers on top of whatever Windows is pushing to the DAC? Something like FxSound by example?

I use my PC to play music. The program I use is Foobar2000. It has an equalizer built in. It is well supported and can play a wide variety of audio formats. Music is extremely clean and clear. Has a very nice UI and good layout for multiple playlist tabs.

winamp also does a decent job with oplaybac and eq built in. Even has software preamp.

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #3,072 of 4,142

The HDV 820 is known to be on the warm side, perhaps you should give it a few days break-in time before making a final judgement. You might also try a SPDIF source just for grins.

That being said, Audeze are said to respond well to moderate amounts of EQ especially in the bass.

May 9, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #3,073 of 4,142
The HDV 820 is known to be on the warm side, perhaps you should give it a few days break-in time before making a final judgement. You might also try a SPDIF source just for grins.

That being said, Audeze are said to respond well to moderate amounts of EQ especially in the bass.

Ok cool, thanks for the tip! Will report back

Jun 2, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #3,075 of 4,142
Just got my LCD's Friday afternoon and was curious how you would tighten the headband. I have the new head band (holes etc). I own the 3's as well but never had to tighten the earpiece. Do I have to the hex screw on side? This really sucks I haven't had my headphones more than 24 hrs. The left side keeps making it's why down the side of my head. I emailed audeze but do to the weekend im sure there not gonna get my message till Monday. Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back