AUDEZE LCD XC
Aug 22, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #1,636 of 4,144
Using a Charleston Cable Company UPOCC. Ordered and received this while waiting for my Norne (which still isn't ready), and it's built extremely well and sounds great.

Aug 22, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #1,638 of 4,144
I've seen enough variety in XC frequency graphs to believe there is a relatively large tolerance to the sound signature from Audeze.

My graph shows 1.5kHz and 12-15kHz rising 5db over the bass at 300Hz with a dip between at 5kHz that pretty much is the same as 300Hz. From 300Hz down to 100Hz the bass increases again by around 2-3db and is pretty much flat for the rest of the very low end. This bears out what I hear, which is elevated mids and treble relative to the meat of the bass.

I've seen graphs that have similar dips and valleys, but without the mids and treble rising so high over the bass. More even handed overall or some with a slight bass tilt. This all relative to each other and I think the more important aspect of the XC is the speed of the planar driver. I believe this is why there are so many differing opinions about the XC sound signature but not the quality.

Overall I'm very pleased with the presentation of my set. I'd like to try the Black Dragon to see if it balances mine a bit but I'm not expecting miracles.

Of course YMMV. :wink:

Aug 23, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #1,639 of 4,144
Just to update everyone interested. I've ordered the Norne Audio Draug 2. Just talked to Trevor about the way the cable is done, I have a feeling it will balance out the bass nicely and hopefully keep everything else in place. Will update when I receive it, which should be in a months time. 

Aug 23, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #1,640 of 4,144
Just to update everyone interested. I've ordered the Norne Audio Draug 2. Just talked to Trevor about the way the cable is done, I have a feeling it will balance out the bass nicely and hopefully keep everything else in place. Will update when I receive it, which should be in a months time. 

:popcorn:

Aug 23, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #1,642 of 4,144
Hes getting the shipment of cables in monday or tuesday and that would be the first cables and shipping end of next week. Apparently hes heavily back ordered on them. Btw since mine hasnt been made, anyone know if rhodium connectors (headphone end) are worth an extra $40.

Aug 24, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #1,644 of 4,144
Looks like Audeze had a price DROP in Australia

Good news!

My understanding is that international pricing has decreased to be more in line with the dollar pricing, however, this was months ago so shop around for the dealers that passed the saving on promptly :wink:

Aug 24, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #1,645 of 4,144
My understanding is that international pricing has decreased to be more in line with the dollar pricing, however, this was months ago so shop around for the dealers that passed the saving on promptly
wink.gif

Looks like here in the Netherlands the complete opposite has happened, there now is a new distributor and the prices of all models have been increased by around 200 euros. XC is now 1999 euro overhere (used to be 1799 euro) Bad move, IMHO 
mad.gif

Aug 24, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #1,646 of 4,144
I've seen the LCD-XC at $1799 in the US, but in the UK I've seen it at £1499 which converted is around $2484. However the first time I saw the price of the LCD-XC in the UK I believe it was £1699, so it has come down in price quite a bit over here.

Aug 24, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #1,647 of 4,144
Right and once you factor in 20% vat, customs and shipping the incentive to import Audeze is reduced. It would only be worth it if you are going to USA on holiday and bring it back on the plane.

And UK customs definitely know to hit headphones, whereas amps or DACs might sneak through because officers are oblivious as to their value.

This is case by case. Other manufacturers attract a large UK / EU premium so it is still worth importing even after factoring in additional liabilities.

Aug 24, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #1,648 of 4,144
I've seen the LCD-XC at $1799 in the US, but in the UK I've seen it at £1499 which converted is around $2484. However the first time I saw the price of the LCD-XC in the UK I believe it was £1699, so it has come down in price quite a bit over here.

It's crazy. $1084 more then I paid for mine. You can buy the round trip ticket to the States and still have some money left for souvenirs.

Aug 24, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #1,650 of 4,144
I'm not saying where I bought my LCD-XC, but it wasn't from the UK.

I'm probably going to get mine from Germany, still the "old" 1799  euro overthere 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back