AUDEZE LCD XC
Aug 17, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #1,621 of 4,144
Hi all,

First post!

Okay so I got a my LCD XC's delivered and they came with the micro suede pads. Just wondering if anyone has compared them to the leather pads in relation to isolation (keeping noise out of the headphones)?

They do sound fantastic.

Thanks!

Aug 17, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #1,622 of 4,144
Hi all,

First post!

Okay so I got a my LCD XC's delivered and they came with the micro suede pads. Just wondering if anyone has compared them to the leather pads in relation to isolation (keeping noise out of the headphones)?

They do sound fantastic.

Thanks!

Congrats....run them for 2 weeks and you'll love them more. I preferred the leathers and hence ended up not using the suedes. 

Aug 18, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #1,625 of 4,144
The sound is going to take some getting use to.

Be patient. I loved mine after around 2 months of daily use of ard 2 hours. They really blossomed after run in.

Aug 18, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #1,627 of 4,144
XC is rated at just 22ohms... why would you buy a super expensive amp for that?Isn't something like the fiio e12 enough? I'm relatively new at this audiophile stuff.

Because headphone impedance and power requirements aren't that strongly related (heck, the HE-6s are "only" 50 ohms). Actually efficiency will tell you more. That said, I've tried the XCs from a FiiO E11 and my A200p and the GS-X Mk2 was a significant upgrade (about 5W or so 
wink.gif
).

Aug 18, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #1,628 of 4,144
Because headphone impedance and power requirements aren't that strongly related (heck, the HE-6s are "only" 50 ohms). Actually efficiency will tell you more. That said, I've tried the XCs from a FiiO E11 and my A200p and the GS-X Mk2 was a significant upgrade (about 5W or so :wink: ).

Agreed. Balanced out of my Oppo HA-1 to the XC is significantly better than from the FiiO e12. Better dynamics, better clarity, better separation....... Just better. These headphones do take advantage of better gear.

Aug 22, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #1,629 of 4,144
I'm looking to experiment with some cables with the XC and seeing how much sound can change.

What has everyone used? 

I'm currently using the Moon Audio Black Dragon.

Aug 22, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #1,630 of 4,144
Although not on the LCD-XC but on my LCD-2, I'm using an Entreq Konstantin 2012 cable and that works really well IMHO.

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #1,631 of 4,144
  I'm looking to experiment with some cables with the XC and seeing how much sound can change.

What has everyone used? 

I'm currently using the Moon Audio Black Dragon.

I am thinking about changing the cable too. Do you hear any sound improvement vs stock cable?

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #1,633 of 4,144
I did with the Black Dragons. I found that sibilance is gone, highs are controlled but sort off rolled off, bass became more controlled and faster, and the mids fuller and thicker.

@vladzakhar 

Aug 22, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #1,634 of 4,144
  I did with the Black Dragons. I found that sibilance is gone, highs are controlled but sort off rolled off, bass became more controlled and faster, and the mids fuller and thicker.

@vladzakhar 

That does not sound like an improvement to me, except for the no sibilance aspect. Re bass, I think I remember that the site said it would increase in the bass, which if so would explain the mids being fuller and thicker.  That is something I definitely don't want.  Personally, I'm very happy with the highs, the deep bass and overall clarity and I would not want anything to make the mids thicker or the headphone darker overall.

Think I'll stick with the stock cable, which seems to be excellent re sound quality.

I would be interested if anyone has tried an ALO cable (though I'm in no rush to spend the big extra bucks for an ALO cable even if it is somewhat of an improvement.)

Aug 22, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #1,635 of 4,144

I would be interested if anyone has tried an ALO cable (though I'm in no rush to spend the big extra bucks for an ALO cable even if it is somewhat of an improvement.)

I tried the ALO Green Line and, at least to me, that was no match with my LCD-2s. I tried them on both a Burson HA-160 and the Hifi-man EF-6 amp. It all sound a bit plain and flat, seems like the dynamics were gone.

Can't say what it would do with the other Audezes, but with my LCD-2.2 (non-fazor) it was a clear miss-match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back