AUDEZE LCD XC
Dec 29, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #436 of 4,151
I agree, because just out of curiosity I decided to try my LCD-XC with my Pico Slim / iPod, and I'm still mesmerized at how well the LCD-XC's sounded with that portable amp. That's because that amp is supposed to be for IEM's, in fact if I turned that amp on full volume, the sound would be way too loud.

This is how impressed I am, I've just placed an order for the DHC Complement 2 OCC Copper cable with a 4 pin XLR, and just so I can use my LCD-XC with that cable, with my Pico Slim, I've also ordered a DHC Ultrashort 4pin XLR to mini adapter.

Congratulations on the DHC Complement 2!! 
I'm rockin' that cable w/ my LCD-XC's right now!!
w/ this rig - I'm in sonic heaven:

Jan 1, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #440 of 4,151
Well, my review is finally complete (no thanks to the huge ice storm that left 1/4 of the city in the dark for many days...we were out for 7 days). Just need to snap some photos tomorrow and I'll have it posted. Simply outstanding closed headphones from Audeze!

Jan 2, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #441 of 4,151
  Well, my review is finally complete (no thanks to the huge ice storm that left 1/4 of the city in the dark for many days...we were out for 7 days). Just need to snap some photos tomorrow and I'll have it posted. Simply outstanding closed headphones from Audeze!

Looking forward to it. 
beerchug.gif

Jan 2, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #442 of 4,151

Mac, good to see the conclusion posted upfront. This is the second time you're validating my purchase prior to your review - first Senn Momentums, now the XC. :smile:

Jan 2, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #447 of 4,151
  I need to sell some gear first but this is probably my next headphone. I am curious if any of you XC owners kept your LCD-2's or LCD-3's after you got these?

Speaking for myself, I have the 2.2 and the 3. I got rid of the HE 400, took my 2.2 to the office. At home, I have the 3, the XC and the Fostex 900. Best compromise I could think of.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back