AUDEZE LCD XC
Dec 20, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #2,656 of 4,142
Anyone with a 2016 XC looking to sell (or trade)?
I recently got my hands on both an LCD3 and an LCD2; I'm planning on keeping the 3, and I was looking to get into an XC, but based on what I've read, I think the 2016 refresh is for me.

Dec 27, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #2,657 of 4,142
I'm looking for an aftermarket cable replacement for the LCD-XC (2016 drivers). I've been going through the options and came up with:

1- Nordost Heimdall 2
2- Toxic Cables Silver Widow
3- Moon Audio, the Silver Dragon or the Black Dragon

It's not an easy decision...

Does anyone have experience with these that can share? Any help would be appreciated.

Dec 27, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #2,658 of 4,142
I'm looking for an aftermarket cable replacement for the LCD-XC (2016 drivers). I've been going through the options and came up with:

1- Nordost Heimdall 2

Does anyone have experience with these that can share? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm also thinking about trying an aftermarket cable and considering the Black Dragon.  My XC is bright so I'm looking to tone the treble down so I won't even be considering anything silver.

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #2,660 of 4,142

I have exactly the same concern. Are yours having the 2016 drivers?

The Audeze certificate says they were made January 22, 2016. Everything I've read says they should be 2016 drivers but they sure do sound bright and at times harsh like people complained about the 2015 drivers.  I've tried the Vegan pads and they helped a bit. I'm hoping a cable could get me another step of improvement but I'm not 100% sold a cable can make that much of a difference.  I'm also considering cutting my losses and selling them and trying the Mr Speakers Either C Flow.

Dec 27, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #2,661 of 4,142

The Audeze certificate says they were made January 22, 2016. Everything I've read says they should be 2016 drivers but they sure do sound bright and at times harsh like people complained about the 2015 drivers.  I've tried the Vegan pads and they helped a bit. I'm hoping a cable could get me another step of improvement but I'm not 100% sold a cable can make that much of a difference.  I'm also considering cutting my losses and selling them and trying the Mr Speakers Either C Flow.

You can know for sure, just ask Audeze and they will let you know immediately if they have the 2016 drivers.

That would be a shame if you had to sell them :frowning2: Hope there's a cable that can smooth the treble for you. I don't feel mines are that bright, but that also depends on the music I listen, most jazz and some rock.

Dec 27, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #2,662 of 4,142
By the way, this is what I was looking for on a new cable: Shorter in length than the standard Audeze, that can be as neutral as possible, not changing the character of my headphones but improving them in all aspects without breaking their balance.

Dec 27, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #2,663 of 4,142
  By the way, this is what I was looking for on a new cable: Shorter in length than the standard Audeze, that can be as neutral as possible, not changing the character of my headphones but improving them in all aspects without breaking their balance.

Moon audio advertises the Blue Dragon as a neutral improvement and not changing the sound signature.  That might be more what you are after whereas I'm trying to make my XC's darker/warmer, so the Black Dragon probably makes more sense for me.  The Dragon's start at 5 feet long which I think is a couple feet shorter than the stock Audeze cable. 

Dec 27, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #2,664 of 4,142
  Moon audio advertises the Blue Dragon as a neutral improvement and not changing the sound signature.  That might be more what you are after whereas I'm trying to make my XC's darker/warmer, so the Black Dragon probably makes more sense for me.  The Dragon's start at 5 feet long which I think is a couple feet shorter than the stock Audeze cable. 

Thanks, I didn't notice the Blue Dragon. I'll investigate it.

Dec 27, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #2,665 of 4,142
Thanks, I didn't notice the Blue Dragon. I'll investigate it.

I have the 2016 driver lcd xc. It was too bright. I found c3audio and am now using their cardas cable. It toned down the brightness and made it warmer. They will do any length you want. I wanted 4 ft. Their pricing and customer service is excellent. On a side note I went with the silver dragon cable from moon audio for my lcd3s in order to brighten them up.

Dec 27, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #2,666 of 4,142
I have the 2016 driver lcd xc. It was too bright. I found c3audio and am now using their cardas cable. It toned down the brightness and made it warmer. They will do any length you want. I wanted 4 ft. Their pricing and customer service is excellent. On a side note I went with the silver dragon cable from moon audio for my lcd3s in order to brighten them up.

Thanks for sharing.

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #2,667 of 4,142

Just got my xcs back from audeze, after having the new drivers installed. I must say I miss the slight mid bass hump and warmer sound. The pre 16' version was perfect in my opinion. Damn 2016.

Dec 28, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #2,668 of 4,142
How about the Toxic Cables Silver Widow 22 ? I'm reading great reviews on the appreciation thread. I know that it's made of silver but it also has a percentage of gold to balance things. It's also made in EU, as such I won't pay additional import taxes.

Does anyone has it with the LCD-XC?

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #2,669 of 4,142
1- Nordost Heimdall 2

I'm also thinking about trying an aftermarket cable and considering the Black Dragon.  My XC is bright so I'm looking to tone the treble down so I won't even be considering anything silver.

I have the WyWires Red on mine, and I noticed an immediate improvement over the stock cables.  They were immediately more clear and sounded like a veil was lifted.  (Personal impression.)  I haven't had any issues with highs, though.  

Here is the link to my post in this thread about WyWires Red..  http://www.head-fi.org/t/691151/audeze-lcd-xc/2085#post_11831095

Here is a link to the WyWires Thread.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/717013/wywires-red-headphone-cable#post_10510093

I have purchased a ton of interconnects and headphones from Drew at Moon Audio, but not his HP cables yet.  Awesome guy, awesome shop, cannot speak to the sound characteristics of Dragon cables on any cans.  So I won't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back