Audeze LCD open to closed mod
Jun 26, 2014 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SpongeRob

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of LCD-3's that I am quite enjoying at work for my daily listening.  I love the open design but sometimes the sound bleed is a little loud for my neighbors in the office.  I have looked at the LCD-XC model to see the beautiful wood cover closing off the headphone and have wondered if anyone has ever tried to build a detachable open to closed mod for the LCD-2's and 3's?  It seems like something that could be done fairly easily and if done right shouldn't take away from the esthetics of the headphones.

I still would like to have the option to open up the headphone for improved listening when volume isn't an issue but it sure would be nice to dampen the sound at times when it is necessary.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 4, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #2 of 2
Bummer no one replied to this. I just saw the XCs and was wondering if you could just order the parts from Audeze and throw on the closed back and leave the open back for when you want to switch back and forth. The screw placements look the same and its just a wooden covering plate it looks like with what I assume to be some type of insulation inside. Shouldnt be too hard. This is what my research has uncovered. Anyone else thought about this or perhaps even did it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back