Audeze LCD-MX4
Jul 3, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #811 of 907
I’ll probably have to part way with my MX4. I seem to developed recently sensitivity to their clamp pressure around my ears which prevents me from having them on for more than 1h or so. With the XC, heavier, even less. Asked Audeze Support for solutions but found this article which is not very reassuring. Any ideas?

Jul 4, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #812 of 907
I’ll probably have to part way with my MX4. I seem to developed recently sensitivity to their clamp pressure around my ears which prevents me from having them on for more than 1h or so. With the XC, heavier, even less. Asked Audeze Support for solutions but found this article which is not very reassuring. Any ideas?

Yes, once it gets uncomfortable (my MX4 did for a.different reason), you can't really enjoy it anymore. Even the first hour is not fun if you know the clamp pain (in your case) is coming.

I loved the sound of the MX4 but had to let it go and rediscovered bliss with the amazing timbre, comfort, vocals of the HD-600.

Jul 16, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #813 of 907
I've had this issue in the past, all I did was adjust the headphone so they were looser for a few days and then adjust them back to the previous setting. It works for a while and then I have to do it again. Also, sometimes I take decongestants and that will help with the pressure if my congestion is adding to the problem. Does anyone have any tips for keeping the stock cord from getting tangled / twisted AF? It's such a pain.

Sep 8, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #814 of 907
Does anyone have a personal comparison to the Hifiman 1000SE? Owning both headphones would of course be better for a direct comparison.

Allegedly the MX4 should sound better with the Dekoni pads. Is there anything to it?

Sep 9, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #815 of 907
I do agree on a lot of points and appreciate a lot for being transparent.

I do also have this and prefer other HP on the same price point.
Imho, it does have a big soundstage relatively to Audeze lineup. Audeze is known for its big sounding forward midrange. In comparison to other Audeze line up, 2, 3, 3f, 4 and X, the mids on these are less thick but has a slight lift. It is neutral and dark to me.
Mids are are still warmish but to me again in comparison to the mentioned above isn't congesting. It is still the center of the presentation but not solid enough on the instruments.
Bass is there and felt, soft and lacked the impact but a little more resolved compared to X.

Highs have nice presence and some extension but lack some spark.

It becomes crowded on complex passages and not able able to keep up with the pace. So instrument separation isn't that of a highlight on this headphone for me. These aren't aggressive sounding but relaxed. Dynamics are just ok but not as engaging for me.

Cable rolling would improve the performance of the MX4. I happen to use the 4's stock cable and prefer it over MX4 stock cable.

I'd say they are good for genres that aren't fast paced and not much clash of instruments. For what its worth, it's easy to drive feature works well even on a smartphone alone.
Hello, just wondering, I owned the LCD-X 2018 driver revisioned version, currently liking the sound already but wondering if I can add more treble presence since the Audeze 3.5KHz dip is quite obvious.

I'm thinking if getting the Audeze LCD 4 silver plated cable will do the job adding some treble and presence and tighten up the bass further.
Since I see you owned the LCD 4 and played cable rolling. Will you mind sharing your experience whether is it worth the price to get that Audeze silver cable to upgrade to my LCD-X?

Dec 21, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #816 of 907
Hello, just wondering, I owned the LCD-X 2018 driver revisioned version, currently liking the sound already but wondering if I can add more treble presence since the Audeze 3.5KHz dip is quite obvious.

I'm thinking if getting the Audeze LCD 4 silver plated cable will do the job adding some treble and presence and tighten up the bass further.
Since I see you owned the LCD 4 and played cable rolling. Will you mind sharing your experience whether is it worth the price to get that Audeze silver cable to upgrade to my LCD-X?
I tried a silver cable with my MX4 but couldn't hear a difference. I guess is not just the material but gauge as well.

Mar 22, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #822 of 907
Hey guys, anybody with a decent eq profile to open up a bit the vocals? I love the MX4 for their power, snap, speed, dynamics and bass but I always felt that vocals are somehow a bit recessed and muffled.

I would recommend Sonarworks for FR correction. They have both average curves for MX4 and if you are willing to spend a bit more and send them into get calibrated they will deliver you a custom correction. The end result is a huge improvement over the stock sound imho. I have attached here a screenshot of the measured FR of my MX4 and the calibration EQ settings incase it helps...

LCD-MX4 M4201486.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 9.46.06 PM.jpg

Mar 23, 2021 at 3:29 AM Post #823 of 907
I would recommend Sonarworks for FR correction. They have both average curves for MX4 and if you are willing to spend a bit more and send them into get calibrated they will deliver you a custom correction. The end result is a huge improvement over the stock sound imho. I have attached here a screenshot of the measured FR of my MX4 and the calibration EQ settings incase it helps...

LCD-MX4 M4201486.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-22 at 9.46.06 PM.jpg
Thanks but this software doesn’t have a vst3 plugin to use with Audirvana.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back