Audeze LCD-MX4
Dec 14, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #451 of 907
I ordered a pair of MX4's on Amazon today with ListenUp as the seller. ListenUp is a very reputable outfit, and I currently get 5% off purchases on Amazon with my Discover Card, up to $1,500.00. (Since this was my first Amazon purchase using Discover during the current promotional period, I should receive 5% off of the full $1,500.00 price.)

If anyone has Discover and has not yet signed up for the 5% off Amazon purchases deal, maybe check Discover.com to see if it is still available.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #452 of 907
I ordered a pair of MX4's on Amazon today with ListenUp as the seller. ListenUp is a very reputable outfit, and I currently get 5% off purchases on Amazon with my Discover Card, up to $1,500.00. (Since this was my first Amazon purchase using Discover during the current promotional period, I should receive 5% off of the full $1,500.00 price.)
Just double check the availability of the Audeze warranty on that seller. When I was researching ahead of getting my X earlier this year, I seem to remember reading that Audeze only honor warranties from authorized dealers or Amazon sales through them (eg. 'Product name, by Audeze').

As below:
upload_2018-12-14_16-54-53.png

You might be fine, if that seller is an authorized dealer, but best to double check!

Dec 14, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #454 of 907
Just double check the availability of the Audeze warranty on that seller. [...[

You might be fine, if that seller is an authorized dealer, but best to double check!

But don't immediately worry if it is not listed as an authorized dealer. Thomann.de was not listed for example, but of course they are. Audeze is not the best at keeping that list of authorized dealers up to date.

Dec 14, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #455 of 907

If anyone has Discover and has not yet signed up for the 5% off Amazon purchases deal, maybe check Discover.com to see if it is still available.

Listen up is a great store and does not sells product they are not authorized to sell. Buying from them is as safe as it gets

Last edited:
The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Dec 14, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #456 of 907
Glad to hear the above. Given the money being thrown around, I find it's just good to be sure :)

Dec 14, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #457 of 907
you don't mess around huh :wink:

Was thinking about the LCD-X as the entry model for me but if you compared prices to options,
this just seemed like the best deal I could not pass up.

LCD-X creator package was 1199.00 plus case is 125.00 plus carbon fiber (i think 200.00) for total of more than lcd-mx4.

Also, was considering the LCD-2 Classic but this too was a compromise so. Unfortunately I cannot
sample the entire model line due to time constraints, you know.

Dec 15, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #458 of 907

Yeah, I love the 5% - so it makes a purchase from Amazon much more appealing especially a 3rd party seller from outside of my
TAXABLE state...so saved 6.25% sales tax = 94.00 or so plus earned 5% = 75.00 so hey, it's a Christmas Gift of savings! 170.00 more stays in pocket. Love it!

Dec 15, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #462 of 907
Guess what arrived today?

The most amazing headphones ever?

By the way, I just got my Forza Audioworks Noir HPC Mk2 cable for my MX4. Looks great and I swear I can already here an improvement in the sound over the stock cable.

Dec 16, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #464 of 907
Oh yeah! Initial impressions, weight not a factor at all but will have long listening
Sessions tonight and get back. Burning in now. Only tried from my Sony WM1A.
Initial listen; very detailed with nice layering, need more time to digest but no hate, for sure.

I mean you basically got their second best (arguably their best) headphones for less then the X, you are for sure a lucky dog. If they have flatter more extended range than the X and are considerably lighter you are really in for a treat. I highly recommend however you take all that savings and send them off to Sonarworks for custom calibration. That will make then within 0.9db of perfect flat over their entire frequency response.

Dec 17, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #465 of 907
Oh yeah! Initial impressions, weight not a factor at all but will have long listening
Sessions tonight and get back. Burning in now. Only tried from my Sony WM1A.
Initial listen; very detailed with nice layering, need more time to digest but no hate, for sure.

Particularly interested in your experience coming from a Z1R, because I'm looking at maybe complementing my beloved Z1Rs with some open flagship-- not that it is a necessity because I find the Z1R surprisingly open and good at every music genre I throw at them. Still, always been curious about the Audeze sound since I remember liking the LCD-X after trying them. That Audeze Holiday sale would make getting a LCD-3 or LCD-MX4 a good open HP option, though, going through the threads-- both Audezes and the Z1Rs seem to have somewhat similar sound signatures. Wonder if getting either of them would be redundant as I'm not getting rid of the Z1Rs.

@phototristan, who posts here, finally conceded that the latest Audeze flaghship LCD-4z is better than his Z1R, though at over twice the price-- while the Z1Rs still remain a great pair of hp. He has similar taste in HP and long preferred the Z1Rs over any other headphones.

Wondering how the LCD-MX4s fare in a head-to-head... esp. soundstage. LCD-3 may sound even darker than Z1Rs, lush, not as detailed, and with a surprisingly frontal presentation, not much soundstage, so the MX4 have to be better-- though again, response to the MX4s has been mixed and muted as it doesn't seem to be as lush as other Audezes... and also, price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back