Audeze LCD-i3 LCD-i4 CipherV2 Audeze HQ iOS App 10 Band EQ Settings
Nov 22, 2020 at 3:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

snatex

100+ Head-Fier
I've read through all of both the LCDi3 and LCDi4 threads and there is very little discussion of custom EQ settings for the 10 Band Equalizer in the Audeze HQ iOS app. Please share your settings and analysis here. Thanks.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #2 of 7
Here are the only measurements I have found on the CipherV2 to see the impact it has on the default measurement.

isine-compare-frequency-response-graph-1900-02.jpg

Nov 22, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #3 of 7
Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #4 of 7
I've read through all of both the LCDi3 and LCDi4 threads and there is very little discussion of custom EQ settings for the 10 Band Equalizer in the Audeze HQ iOS app. Please share your settings and analysis here. Thanks.

When using cipher, it’s not really necessary to use the EQ in Audeze iOS app. It’s more on refining the sound more to your liking rather than correcting the frequencies (which is done by the cipher).

Nov 22, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #5 of 7
When using cipher, it’s not really necessary to use the EQ in Audeze iOS app. It’s more on refining the sound more to your liking rather than correcting the frequencies (which is done by the cipher).

I disagree. You can see from AudioFanatyk's and Crinicle's measurements of the CipherV2 and BT that the frequency response is still far from Harman or other common FR targets. The CipherV2 and BT FR is better but still a bit congested and there is still an early rise at 1k and giant crater between 3k-8k. Using the strategies in the EQ's above all improve the FR by a good amount imo.

Nov 22, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #6 of 7
I disagree. You can see from AudioFanatyk's and Crinicle's measurements of the CipherV2 and BT that the frequency response is still far from Harman or other common FR targets. The CipherV2 and BT FR is better but still a bit congested and there is still an early rise at 1k and giant crater between 3k-8k. Using the strategies in the EQ's above all improve the FR by a good amount imo.

Agree to disagree. I only use EQ above from github for occasions whenever I don’t use my cipher cable. For Audeze iOS app, I only make adjustments to bring out more bass.

Dec 17, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #7 of 7
why does the compensation graph for crins lcd i3 target curve make it look like the eq does not fix the massive dip at 4-5k? Does this make it actually adhere to the harmen target or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back