Audeze LCD-5 - The all new Audeze Flagship
Sep 23, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #76 of 163
I still do not really understand the resistance to this idea, considering I have heard it is possible to directly custom-order that combination.

It certainly feels like many customers would appreciate the mag option due to the weight advantage, even if it is a made-to-order item with longer lead time. But I am not a businessperson.
I would wager this has less chance now that the even lighter LCD-5 is available.

Sep 23, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #79 of 163
I'm hoping we will eventually see the LCD-5 design (cups, headband, pads, etc) work its way into the entire LCD line.
I don't, I like the old LCD design better (in terms of aesthetics, at least).

Sep 23, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #80 of 163
I remember when Audeze's flagship was $995, those were exciting times with affordable flagships.

Sep 23, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #81 of 163
I remember when Audeze's flagship was $995, those were exciting times with affordable flagships.
You can still buy that headphone and the price is still $995, despite inflation.

Of course we all wish that the newest flagship headphones had significantly lower prices.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #82 of 163
I was out from the hobby for the last 2 years. Enjoying casual listening with aeolus/a pair of klipsch the fives. No more compulsive buying, a/bing, comparing, selling buying and selling again.
I think i will keep staying out. The price brakets are gone nuts. I would feel stupid in buying one even if i can actually afford them. And i say this because i had lcd4, ether 2 and empyrean , drove them with top notch amps and in no way they worth the price tag. No matter what audiophiles and sellers would say. They simply dont. After the 1k is all matter of tastes and little differences. Bye

Sep 25, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #83 of 163
I was out from the hobby for the last 2 years. Enjoying casual listening with aeolus/a pair of klipsch the fives. No more compulsive buying, a/bing, comparing, selling buying and selling again.
I think i will keep staying out. The price brakets are gone nuts. I would feel stupid in buying one even if i can actually afford them. And i say this because i had lcd4, ether 2 and empyrean , drove them with top notch amps and in no way they worth the price tag. No matter what audiophiles and sellers would say. They simply dont. After the 1k is all matter of tastes and little differences. Bye

I totally agree about pricing. It is not justified. For 4500 US, I would take a pair of quality high end tower speakers (such as the Focal Aria 936 or 948) over a headphone anyday.

Sep 25, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #84 of 163
I

It's not just a hobby, there's an addictive element for sure. And of course whatever level you reach there's always (much) better...at double the price. And the next best thing is around the corner, waiting to make you reconsider your carefully put together audio chain.

I don't think it's random that we are seeing this in a time where people are otherwise under a lot of stress.

And if you thought 4k was a lot for a flagship full size HP, take a look at the iem flagship prices. And I love iems, but they are inherently limited in what they can do.

Sep 25, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #85 of 163
I

It's not just a hobby, there's an addictive element for sure. And of course whatever level you reach there's always (much) better...at double the price. And the next best thing is around the corner, waiting to make you reconsider your carefully put together audio chain.

I don't think it's random that we are seeing this in a time where people are otherwise under a lot of stress.

And if you thought 4k was a lot for a flagship full size HP, take a look at the iem flagship prices. And I love iems, but they are inherently limited in what they can do.
Can we take the price discussion to a separate thread? There’s a segment of market that agrees with you and there’s a segment of the market that wants the latest and greatest at whatever price.

Sep 25, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #86 of 163
Can we take the price discussion to a separate thread? There’s a segment of market that agrees with you and there’s a segment of the market that wants the latest and greatest at whatever price.
The prices are absurd

it really sucks

Sep 25, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #87 of 163

I actually belong to both sides of the equation and I don’t think there anything wrong with either side. I am intrigued and would love to audition a flagship Audeze but not sure the LCD5 signature is my cup of tea.

Ps: until anyone has actually heard those and can give real life sound impressions, there will be lots of side talk. Same happened with the Elite and elsewhere.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #88 of 163
i own an LCD2, which i think is great, and would love to compare it to an LCD5 but given price (and interest that is mostly curiosity) this seems unlikely.

i remember owning 8-10 headphones, all considered very good quality, at one point. now, owning 3-4 totl headphones would break the bank. but this has not deterred me from enjoying or participating in the hobby; it just means that you need to be more selective in what you buy as you can buy less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back