Audeze LCD-4
Nov 21, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #11,656 of 12,053
After reciving my LCD 4, i can tell you my thoughts about the newer Driver / Sound, the EQ Settings and the Audeze RMA process
And your thoughts?

Edit: When you receive...is what you meant?

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #11,658 of 12,053
Sorry dude I'm always high off my mind when doing listening sessions and checking the forum lol. But I agree with yours views regarding the LCD 4.

Do you reckon the realness/timbre of instruments is good on the Abyss?
Ha ha... a like-minded soul 🍻

Nov 22, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #11,659 of 12,053
Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 3:36 AM Post #11,660 of 12,053
It is easier to hear detail on the Susvara, but as for actually being more detailed, only a little bit. I prefer the LCD-4 I think still.
I still think the LCD-4 has the best bass. I don't know what these reviewers are talking about. Susvara is great for bass slam and texture, but it doesn't stand toe to toe with the bass goat.

Does anyone have an LCD-4 and D8000 Pro? I always hear that one has crazy bass clean bass too.

Nov 24, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #11,661 of 12,053
It is easier to hear detail on the Susvara, but as for actually being more detailed, only a little bit. I prefer the LCD-4 I think still.
I still think the LCD-4 has the best bass. I don't know what these reviewers are talking about. Susvara is great for bass slam and texture, but it doesn't stand toe to toe with the bass goat.

Does anyone have an LCD-4 and D8000 Pro? I always hear that one has crazy bass clean bass too.
I had the D8000 Pro, and the LCD4 has better bass still - though LCD4 is the best bass ever in a planar headphone, and likely top 3 all timer of all headphones for me.

D8000 Pro LE is richer with a fuller midbass slam - not sure if this is due to the tweaked driver or additionally in part due to the Washi pads (which you can install on D8K Pro).

D8000 Pro has a very impactful leading edge with bass, lots of kick, but it doesn't sustain the notes as firmly as LCD4.

I prefer the LCD4 over the D8000 Pro for what it sets out to do with its tuning, but if you're a one-and-done type of person, D8000 Pro may be a bit more versatile (though it can be fatiguing sometimes).

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 24, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #11,662 of 12,053
Has anyone played around with damping of the grills for the LCD 4? I recently got a less denser foam from ebay and added a smaller foam placed directly in the middle of the fazor ( I got from m1060c headphone damping) on each side. I know it sounds ridiculous but, It created a bit of a larger stage.

Nov 27, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #11,663 of 12,053
My LCD 4 from 2016. They are on RMA in Audeze Headquarter. I think the Driver are also 200 ohm. Im just corious if there are any changes in Sound after getting the latest Revision of the not longer produced LCD 4.
In the beginning Audeze reacted every day. Unfortunately, I haven't received any messages for a week, even though there were still unanswered questions that they wanted to take care of. I also have no information about how far along they are with the repair. It's something different again when you leave a pair of headphones that are already very valuable like the LCD 4 in someone else's hands on the other side of the world and you've already paid $1200 in advance for the repair.

Nov 27, 2023 at 9:27 PM Post #11,664 of 12,053
In the beginning Audeze reacted every day. Unfortunately, I haven't received any messages for a week, even though there were still unanswered questions that they wanted to take care of. I also have no information about how far along they are with the repair. It's something different again when you leave a pair of headphones that are already very valuable like the LCD 4 in someone else's hands on the other side of the world and you've already paid $1200 in advance for the repair.
I imagine they were on a Thanksgiving break, so I wouldn't be too concerned about the lack of recent communication.

Nov 27, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #11,665 of 12,053
I've only ever heard Audeze support being slow and reliable. So this is standard for them. You already paid so you will get support. (Unless the Sony take over is worse than I ever imagined.)

Nov 28, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #11,666 of 12,053
I imagine they were on a Thanksgiving break, so I wouldn't be too concerned about the lack of recent communication.
Glad you said it! With all the Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Black Week hype, i didn't thought that it was currently a holiday season. How long do the holidays last?
I've only ever heard Audeze support being slow and reliable. So this is standard for them. You already paid so you will get support. (Unless the Sony take over is worse than I ever imagined.)
Yes, I've read about that here too. People who don’t receive any feedback for weeks or even months. I'm worried because I can't do much from Europe. So far it has given the impression that they are taking the RMA seriously and that they are serious and trustworthy. Because the support team doesn't have much to do with the repair service, it probably takes a while for them to inquire about it. I can also imagine that there are times when they have a lot of headphones in the office that need to be repaired. I hope to receive feedback at least next week.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #11,667 of 12,053
Glad you said it! With all the Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Black Week hype, i didn't thought that it was currently a holiday season. How long do the holidays last?

Yes, I've read about that here too. People who don’t receive any feedback for weeks or even months. I'm worried because I can't do much from Europe. So far it has given the impression that they are taking the RMA seriously and that they are serious and trustworthy. Because the support team doesn't have much to do with the repair service, it probably takes a while for them to inquire about it. I can also imagine that there are times when they have a lot of headphones in the office that need to be repaired. I hope to receive feedback at least next week.
Most folks are back to work now, which should be pretty normal until Dec.18th (the week before Christmas), when folks begin traveling to be with family etc, and that slowdown should last for approx 2 weeks, through New Years day, and perhaps a bit longer, but then back to normal by Jan 8th, 2024.

In any case, you've got a full month between major holidays here, and while I'm not claiming to have any knowledge of Audeze operations, chances are good that at the least you'll be getting some communication about your repair soon, and if not by the end of this week, I'd figure that maybe your previous attempts got misplaced during the pre-Thanksgiving rush, and go ahead and try again.

I don't blame you one bit for having the jitters, $1200 isn't chump change (on top of the original cost of the headphones), but my experience with most major companies here in the US has been pretty positive, and while they sometimes don't keep up on the communication end of things, they typically get the job done.

If you've actually gotten confirmation that Audeze has received your headphones, then honestly, I wouldn't be one bit worried about the repair, it's simply a matter of having the patience to wait it out, which I know is easier said than done : )

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 3:04 AM Post #11,668 of 12,053
Most folks are back to work now, which should be pretty normal until Dec.18th (the week before Christmas), when folks begin traveling to be with family etc, and that slowdown should last for approx 2 weeks, through New Years day, and perhaps a bit longer, but then back to normal by Jan 8th, 2024.

In any case, you've got a full month between major holidays here, and while I'm not claiming to have any knowledge of Audeze operations, chances are good that at the least you'll be getting some communication about your repair soon, and if not by the end of this week, I'd figure that maybe your previous attempts got misplaced during the pre-Thanksgiving rush, and go ahead and try again.

I don't blame you one bit for having the jitters, $1200 isn't chump change (on top of the original cost of the headphones), but my experience with most major companies here in the US has been pretty positive, and while they sometimes don't keep up on the communication end of things, they typically get the job done.

If you've actually gotten confirmation that Audeze has received your headphones, then honestly, I wouldn't be one bit worried about the repair, it's simply a matter of having the patience to wait it out, which I know is easier said than done : )
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas behind this situation. You feel a bit at a loss when you pay so much so far away, because there's not much you can do if they are dosent replay for long time. Because if the RMA is really forgotten and there have been threads over the last few years (up to LCD 2 times) that prove exactly that, then you get a little "impatient" in the worry that you will be forgotten. But I'll be patient now and will give you feedback as soon as I have more information.

Nov 28, 2023 at 6:03 AM Post #11,669 of 12,053
Nov 28, 2023 at 6:09 AM Post #11,670 of 12,053

Users who are viewing this thread

Back