Audeze LCD-4
Jan 6, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #10,081 of 12,053
Underneath the headband on the right side near where the headband meets the strap, should have a small sticker with the serial on it.

BTW, I spoke to about 4 upper management, including Sankar (the founder) and Mark Cohen and all told me that the LCD-4 has always come with carbon fiber headbands.

Not sure what else to say. I wasn't around then so I have to go on their word.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #10,082 of 12,053
Underneath the headband on the right side near where the headband meets the strap, should have a small sticker with the serial on it.

1641494498744.png

BTW, I spoke to about 4 upper management, including Sankar (the founder) and Mark Cohen and all told me that the LCD-4 has always come with carbon fiber headbands.

Not sure what else to say. I wasn't around then so I have to go on their word.
Well, I looked there, too. Nope, sticker gone! So this will remain a mystery in the same magnitude as to who really killed Kennedy. Must see if I feel like contacting the German dealer who sold this to the gentleman in France from whom I bought the headphone?? Please extend my regards to "upper management" - regardless of headband this headphone worked out pretty nicely!

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #10,083 of 12,053
please gimme some more time - I'm going back and forth with the VC and the LCD-4 and the HD800 - actually trying to NOT to get used to the LCD-4 sound! So I have not spend enough hours with it but enjoying every minute and making some great discoveries in my library along the way ...
I have both the HD800 and the LCD4 and i like them both, different for sure. HD is very spacious and wide and not quite a good a punch on the low end. But with the right EQ a very nice sound for instruments and female vocals. The LCD4 is less bright and takes a minute or two to get into when i switch from the HD. But i hear things in the LCD4 that my other headphones don’t. Lovely headphones to have.

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #10,084 of 12,053
Different strokes for different folks...matter of preference.

How long do I have to train my skinny neck to be able to enjoy these?
It takes awhile, but eventually you won't think too much about it...maybe so if you wear them for like really long hours with no break.

Jan 6, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #10,086 of 12,053
RAD-0 is most overpriced HP i ever listen.

I think 1266 TC is most overpriced. 2500 usd for that Frankenstein with recessed mids and distortions over 100dB would be enough.
RAD-0 is technically a lot better!

First laugh of the day for me. You kick my left nut, I'll kick your right nut. :darthsmile:

Jan 6, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #10,087 of 12,053
First laugh of the day for me. You kick my left nut, I'll kick your right nut. :darthsmile:

In the past we had years ago HD800, T1 for about 1000 usd. And now? I think all TOTL headphones are overpriced. Material cost for headphones is nothing. Loudspeakers in comparison 20kg, 30kg.
I don't like this trend every new model is more expensive. In 3 years we broke the 10k wall. Have we get a better sound vs HD800? Yes in some aspects but not 3x,4x or 5x better never.

Jan 6, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #10,088 of 12,053
Well, I looked there, too. Nope, sticker gone! So this will remain a mystery in the same magnitude as to who really killed Kennedy. Must see if I feel like contacting the German dealer who sold this to the gentleman in France from whom I bought the headphone?? Please extend my regards to "upper management" - regardless of headband this headphone worked out pretty nicely!

If it's gone, that means the headband must have been replaced or someone peeled off the sticker. This is from my old LCD3.

IMG_3836.jpg

Jan 6, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #10,090 of 12,053
I think 1266 TC is most overpriced. 2500 usd for that Frankenstein with recessed mids and distortions over 100dB would be enough.
RAD-0 is technically a lot better!
I completely disagree...lol

And in risk of furthering your argument, the TCs are $6000 in USD at the moment....:grimacing:

Jan 6, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #10,093 of 12,053
I had Rod-o also like couple months and didn’t like them at all, to my taste lcd3 sound much better, of course lcd4 sound 100 times better
Max settings said the Rad-o was garbage that although the dude who made it was a past employee of Audeze he basically ripped the sound signature of a lcd-2 but it was less impressive than a LCD-x

Jan 6, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #10,094 of 12,053
For a second I thought u stuck stars and glitter on your lcd-4 but it was just the reflection lol 😂

Mine's a limited edition stars studded LCD4. :wink: Getting a Burson Soloist 3xp with the super charger today to see how different LCD4 sound compared to a 300b amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back