Audeze LCD-4
Jan 6, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #10,068 of 12,053
The LCD-4 has always had a carbon fibre headband, since initial release. Funnily enough, my post here, #4 in the entire thread, even mentions it, haha. They did also make it available for $200USD at the time to upgrade other LCD models (which still had the original non suspension headband at the time.) They then moved to the steel suspension band for the other LCD models.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-lcd-4.782442/#post-11951664

Jan 6, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #10,074 of 12,053
Jan 6, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #10,076 of 12,053
Now that u spent sometime with the lcd-4 what would review it and how does it compare to the ZMF VC?
please gimme some more time - I'm going back and forth with the VC and the LCD-4 and the HD800 - actually trying to NOT to get used to the LCD-4 sound! So I have not spend enough hours with it but enjoying every minute and making some great discoveries in my library along the way ...

Jan 6, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #10,077 of 12,053
Was just updated. The LCD-4 has always come with the carbon fiber headband. So whomever you bought it from...well, they either played around swapping headbands with other models and forgot, or something else. You can double check by checking the serial on the headband itself and seeing if it matches the COA card. If it does not, PM me the serial on the steel headband, to see where it came from.
Thanx for the help. Much appreciated! However - I just picked up the steel-headband and .... where is the serial number on it? Is there a serial number on the headband??

Jan 6, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #10,079 of 12,053
Thanx for the help. Much appreciated! However - I just picked up the steel-headband and .... where is the serial number on it? Is there a serial number on the headband??
Underneath the headband on the right side near where the headband meets the strap, should have a small sticker with the serial on it.

1641494498744.png

BTW, I spoke to about 4 upper management, including Sankar (the founder) and Mark Cohen and all told me that the LCD-4 has always come with carbon fiber headbands.

Not sure what else to say. I wasn't around then so I have to go on their word.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back