Audeze LCD-4
Apr 9, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #5,762 of 12,022
Apr 9, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #5,763 of 12,022
  Will it replace the LCD3/X ?

If it improves on the sq, then this will cannibalise into the sales of LCD-3/X so I don't see them continue with the older models any longer

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #5,764 of 12,022

Agree!

Please Audeze stay away from the non-sense that is happening with other manufactures.

Releasing a newer version every 2 years or less is NON sense. By doing this, you are delivering a negative subliminal message to your customers, you are simply telling them we did bad with the previous version and here is the better one! Remember that when you released the cans, you claimed that you have reached a reference point of sound quality. This reference point is supposed to be extremely hard to beat within 2-5 years. It takes really long time of research and development to build a new reference and if you are not doing so, you are hurting your reputation. 

I have no problem with upgrades as long as present owners of the current model can upgrade at a modest cost...what is most frustrating is a brand new model that doesnt allow an upgrade and costs a fortune....abyss is upgrading it's 1266 and giving owners an option to upgrade as did Hifiman with HE1000 and Mrspeakers with the Ether flow

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #5,765 of 12,022
  Got this off reddit. OP said it was called the LCD-Pro, costs $1200, and is the equivalent of the LCD-X/LCD-3 combo, but with the LCD-4's. If the $1200 price is true, thats a helluva deal, considering the carbon headband is $200 on its own. If it sounds good then wow!

Are these for Studio use for engineers, recording, live, etc.? That might make sense. Look how different the half/ring cup holder is. Looks tubular in shape.

Apr 10, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #5,767 of 12,022
They'll probably renovate the whole LCD lineup, even if this new LCD-Pro sounds "a bit worse" than LCD-3/LCD-X, at 1200$ it will cannibalize sales because its much lighter weight and confort. They'll probably offer upgrades to the older models at a price.
That's my bet :)

Apr 10, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #5,768 of 12,022
  They'll probably renovate the whole LCD lineup, even if this new LCD-Pro sounds "a bit worse" than LCD-3/LCD-X, at 1200$ it will cannibalize sales because its much lighter weight and confort. They'll probably offer upgrades to the older models at a price.
That's my bet :)

I'd have to bet against you on that one.  That model is clearly a downgrade in looks, and sound too, judging from CanJam impressions.  They just need to start putting the carbon fiber headband on all the LCD line-up, or stop charging 200 bucks for it.

Apr 11, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #5,769 of 12,022
About  10% to 15% of our market is Pro Audio users, mostly LCD-X/XC models. From mastering engineers to studios to mixing engineers. The new LCD model was designed based on feedback from the recording engineers and producers who use our LCD-X and XC and requested a lighter headphone for long mixing/mastering sessions, but still have a neutral tonal balance, and a more affordable price point. This is NOT a less expensive LCDX, nor replace any other LCD series headphones, but instead a product specifically designed for the Pro Audio community, or those people who love the Audeze sound, but have had problems with the weight of our current models. It uses cast magnesium earcups and reduces the weight significantly. It has a special earpad design that is shallower (due to the lack of Fazors), and uses memory foam. This also makes it a louder headphone for use with any mixing console's headphone output (instead of needing an external amp). We hope to be shipping the new LCD model in about 2 months with a price of $1200. 

Originally Posted by Sonic Guild 
Please Audeze stay away from the non-sense that is happening with other manufactures.

Thank you for the feedback. The LCD2 was released in 2009. LCD3 in 2011 and LCD4 in 2015. 

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Apr 11, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #5,770 of 12,022
  About  10% to 15% of our market is Pro Audio users, mostly LCD-X/XC models. From mastering engineers to studios to mixing engineers. The new LCD model was designed based on feedback from the recording engineers and producers who use our LCD-X and XC and requested a lighter headphone for long mixing/mastering sessions, but still have a neutral tonal balance, and a more affordable price point. This is NOT a less expensive LCDX, nor replace any other LCD series headphones, but instead a product specifically designed for the Pro Audio community, or those people who love the Audeze sound, but have had problems with the weight of our current models. It uses cast magnesium earcups and reduces the weight significantly. It has a special earpad design that is shallower (due to the lack of Fazors), and uses memory foam. This also makes it a louder headphone for use with any mixing console's headphone output (instead of needing an external amp). We hope to be shipping the new LCD model in about 2 months with a price of $1200. 

Thank you for the feedback. The LCD2 was released in 2009. LCD3 in 2011 and LCD4 in 2015. 

Is there a wireless unit in the works?

Apr 11, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #5,771 of 12,022

And this is why I like your approach. You are not rushing things like other manufacturers. I spent wonderful years with the LCD3 2011-2015. Now I am enjoying the LCD4, which is in my opinion is the best headphones in the market. Utopia and H1000 are in front of me BUT the LCD4 is on my head 
L3000.gif

Keep on the good work!

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #5,772 of 12,022
Holy smokes.
Just received shipment of my Mjolnir 2 and Multibit Gungnir. Finally mating my LCD-4 to a proper balanced system.
And my socks have just been completely blown off.

:)

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #5,774 of 12,022

I wonder if this might turn into a home-user headphone like studio monitors did back in the early 70's?

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #5,775 of 12,022

And this is why I like your approach. You are not rushing things like other manufacturers. I spent wonderful years with the LCD3 2011-2015. Now I am enjoying the LCD4, which is in my opinion is the best headphones in the market. Utopia and H1000 are in front of me BUT the LCD4 is on my head 
L3000.gif

Keep on the good work!

Actually when I heard the Utopia a few months ago, I lost the lush to purchase it. It is superb in just one area, the higher tones and its damn accuracy there, but for overall listening, lcd4 beats Utopia..I worked out a small EQ in foobar, that lifts the sound in higher tones just a bit. My main problem now is doing proper EQ with Tidal.. I tried this opensource software that sits between the digital output of tidal and the usb, but I could clearly hear the soundstage get a bit blurry, which I dont get with foobar slight eq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back