Audeze LCD-4
Apr 5, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #5,733 of 12,053
I have the Cardas Clear cable for the Utopia headphones. I might sell the cable but wanted to ask if any of you have tried the LCD4 with all copper cable? If any good, I might re-terminate the cable to be used with the LCD4. Thoughts? 

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #5,734 of 12,053
  I have the Cardas Clear cable for the Utopia headphones. I might sell the cable but wanted to ask if any of you have tried the LCD4 with all copper cable? If any good, I might re-terminate the cable to be used with the LCD4. Thoughts? 

Not sure if your Cardas Clear or the Audeze stock is all copper, think it's copper over silver or with something else.  When I switched to all silver Wireworld Platinum Nano Eclipse, the imaging just expanded with no loss in bass, voices or the high end.  The stock Audeze was already excellent but the Wireworld pure silver just took it to another level.

Apr 5, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #5,735 of 12,053

Not sure if your Cardas Clear or the Audeze stock is all copper, think it's copper over silver or with something else.  When I switched to all silver Wireworld Platinum Nano Eclipse, the imaging just expanded with no loss in bass, voices or the high end.  The stock Audeze was already excellent but the Wireworld pure silver just took it to another level.

The stock is copper core and silver coated.
Cardas is all copper. 

I am glad to know that pure silver did not negatively impact the bass. Any brightness issues? 

Apr 5, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #5,737 of 12,053

The stock is copper core and silver coated.
Cardas is all copper. 

I am glad to know that pure silver did not negatively impact the bass. Any brightness issues? 

Nope.  No negative effects on either end.  

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #5,738 of 12,053
Just got my LCD-4's back after sending them away for warranty work by Audeze. So happy to have them back! They sound so good, I forgot how much I enjoy them :)

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #5,740 of 12,053
Apr 8, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #5,743 of 12,053
The LCD4 is the ultimate all-rounder headphones. It never feels fatiguing and it always sounds right with all music genres. The bass oh.... the bass 
L3000.gif

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #5,744 of 12,053
The LCD4 is the ultimate all-rounder headphones. It never feels fatiguing and it always sounds right with all music genres. The bass oh.... the bass 
L3000.gif

Yeah its the best all arounder that Audeze makes now but I actually preferred my LCD-3 over it. Felt like it sacrificed much of what made their headphones so great in the first place. Moves the Audeze more towards something like the HE1000 which I feel is a step in the wrong direction for them. But I'm just a purist and it's just my opinion, which I know isn't the popular thing to say but it's just how I saw it. I sold my LCD-4 and bought back my old LCD-3, just a more flavorful and fun headphone IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back