Audeze LCD-4
Mar 9, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #5,626 of 12,032
How does the 430 compare to the gsx-mk2 with the lcd-4s?

Can't go wrong with either...both are excellent amps with plenty of juice for the LCD-4s. The 430 is a little warmer and the GS-X Mk2 is a bit more revealing/neutral. But as mentioned, both are excellent!

Mar 10, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #5,627 of 12,032
i also take "a common sense approach to the evaluation and purchase of head-fi products". you think i throw $4k around willy-nilly??

and now, as an owner, i am "enthusiastic" about my purchase.

those two things aren't mutually exclusive. i had no idea if i'd like the Neo 430 when i bought it. and i made sure there was a 30-day return policy. luckily, it lived up to its high praise, and i have no problem endorsing the thing to others looking to drive the LCD-4.

kinda thought that was the whole point of headfi.org...

whether paying $4k for a head amp/dac combo can be considered a common sense purchase is debatable. anyway, i wasn't suggesting that common sense and enthusiasm have to be mutually exclusive. however, the contrast between your approach to this hobby and mulder01's is apparent from your posts.

the salient point, which you have missed or ignored, is that both should be respected. i could have added that you should refrain from attacking him personally for it, but i was hoping that wouldn't be necessary.

Mar 10, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #5,628 of 12,032
Hi,
could someone please tell me how the Abyss compare with the LCD4 - Did the LCD4 have the same bass impact and large sound as the Abyss ? I think my Egoista 845 will have enough power to drive the LCD4. 
Could I get problems with the drivers with heavy music, played loud on the LCD4 ?
Thank you for your tips !
Ralf    

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #5,629 of 12,032
Hi,

could someone please tell me how the Abyss compare with the LCD4 - Did the LCD4 have the same bass impact and large sound as the Abyss ? I think my Egoista 845 will have enough power to drive the LCD4. 

Could I get problems with the drivers with heavy music, played loud on the LCD4 ?

Thank you for your tips !

Ralf    

If a ten thousand dollar headphone amp can't even power them then I don't know what the rest of us would do!

Mar 11, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #5,630 of 12,032

Playing with a new camera and thought would upload some photos of my headphone and listening area.  It has been a complete joy listening to music.

(have never done this before so apologies if screw it up!)

Mar 12, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #5,632 of 12,032
Wow, nice setup, are those Double Helix cables?

Mar 12, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #5,634 of 12,032
Ah ok, same as mine, thought it looked familiar. How does the whole setup sound?

Mar 12, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #5,635 of 12,032
I find the sound to be spectacular. I'll save you from the the adjectives (warm, tight, etc etc). Truly a joy listening to good recordings. Tried to get all the parts to work nicely together and think I did (of course could always get crazy with another dac but the Concero HD suits me fine). The biggest single improvement, by magnitudes, was ditching the Mac mini for the Aurender.

Mar 12, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #5,636 of 12,032
  Well, my intention was to embed the photos into the post (not links of the photos); maybe someone can enlighten me how to do that!  "Attach File" (paperclip) just gives the links - oh well.

The insert image button (with the mountains on it) will do the trick.  Nice pictures though.

You can't switch out your dac, because then you'll have to modify your stand!  Not worth it :p

---

FiftyKilo, I think the 845 has enough power to destroy the drivers of any headphone you plug into it, right?

Mar 12, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #5,637 of 12,032

Playing with a new camera and thought would upload some photos of my headphone and listening area.  It has been a complete joy listening to music.

The KANG!  

great set-up, man.  looks like a true man-cave!  the "LOVESAC"..... lol

Mar 12, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #5,638 of 12,032

(have never done this before so apologies if screw it up!)

Hey mate, thought I'd help you out. Your set up looks awesome...and comfy!

Mar 12, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #5,640 of 12,032
Thank you! That's what I was trying to do. Another user have me the secret for next time.

what DAC are you using there with The King?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back