Audeze LCD-4
Oct 23, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #1,112 of 12,025
beyersmile.png
mmm.....yes, dagnabit!!!!! A hand...........................................................painted LCD 4 by artist George Condo......Condo who? The guy who hand-painted Kim Kardasian's Birkin handbag for an eye-popping 40 grand.

Oct 23, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #1,114 of 12,025

Yggr / Ragnarok and never look back.

Heard some bad reviews when using IEMs with Rag and also a bad buzz when its turned off. Have you had any of these issues?

There are IEMs that will buzz with anything because they are overly sensitive. Also, with headphones of any type, it all comes down to pairing. In my experience, my Hidition NT6pro CIEMs (45ohm) scaled incredibly well with the Ygg/Rok with no buzz. In fact, to show how little my opinion means, I preferred my NT6pro over the HE1000 and HD800 in that pairing when compared a few weeks back at RMAF. I have only heard the LCD4 with the King and it was awesome, but it definitely has the Audeze house sound. I can tell you that the Ygg/Rok or even just the Rok pairs very well with the Audeze house sound having listened using the 2.2, X, and the 3.

I don't know about a Rok hum, but the volume clicking is an annoyance that you can hear from the other side of the room or through the headphones - but it is worth it once you settle into a good volume.

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #1,118 of 12,025
Definitely not going on eBay. :p 

Oct 23, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #1,120 of 12,025
I know that.. See you at the car boot sale... I am getting thier early I want the potted plant..

Is it like moss..is it growing on you shembot..8^ )

I actually first received my LCD-4 on the 9th, but my experiences and impressions are going to require a longer post than I have time to write at the moment. Impressions and experiences are forthcoming soon. :wink:

Oct 23, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #1,122 of 12,025
  Definitely not going on eBay. :p 

Simply beautiful headphones (and great photo too!!!). I should have a pair incoming soon and I'm thrilled to finally give these a listen. Just the thought of a pair of Audeze headphones that sounds better than the LCD-X/3 has me a bit giddy! 
smile.gif

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #1,124 of 12,025
A tough call as the other 2 picture's don't give the finish justice. 2 3

From an asthetic point of view 1 and 3

But 2 has a more dense grain structure
1 the least.. symmetric sound reproduction..maybe..?

3 is on a watch list ( mentioned earlier) I believe..

But without splitting hairs, you're getting the stuff around the wood, which is the most important.
Making No "4" 'LCD' the most important factor...

Gratz btw but pick the one 'you' like.
You have the Ferrari... just pick the shade of Red..

Good luck..

Oct 24, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #1,125 of 12,025
A tough call as the other 2 picture's don't give the finish justice. 2 3

From an asthetic point of view 1 and 3

But 2 has a more dense grain structure
1 the least.. symmetric sound reproduction..maybe..?

3 is on a watch list ( mentioned earlier) I believe..

But without splitting hairs, you're getting the stuff around the wood, which is the most important.
Making No "4" 'LCD' the most important factor...

Gratz btw but pick the one 'you' like.
You have the Ferrari... just pick the shade of Red..

Good luck..

Thanks for the insight! Every time I think I have decided the others start to pull at me XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back