Audeze LCD-4
Sep 10, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #9,602 of 12,053
High probability

D7D615C8-3D34-4C20-9101-E053772D111C.png
Personally, I am not a big fan of the look...I like the LCD-3 & LCD-4 look by leaps and bounds.
They could well be more comfy though....weight is not a problem for me.

Sep 10, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #9,604 of 12,053
It was from the website of an industrial design company called Boombang. Audeze is listed as one of their clients but all photos and any other information about their work with Audeze is now password protected or deleted. Guessing someone at Boombang jumped the gun or was just plain careless and let those appear without authorization from Audeze. There is something happening but how soon and whether it involves just an LCD-5 or the whole LCD line as the captions intimated is purely speculation.

Sep 10, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #9,606 of 12,053
Not a fan of that design given it’s gonna cost a crazy amount
Maybe it's not even the LCD-5 in that case but something else entirely

Sep 10, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #9,607 of 12,053
Maybe it's not even the LCD-5 in that case but something else entirely
Based on photos that @smodtactical shared on sonic visions, it looks like a design study, if not a final product design, and likely something to reimagine lcd-3 at minimum and maybe lcd-5. Obviously all speculation now.

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #9,608 of 12,053
I am now listening to the LCD-4 and I'm still loving how it sounds. The weight is what keeps me from listening to it more often though. And I've already added a pilot pad for more comfort. If they manage to produce the same sound in a lighter headphone, I'd be very interested.

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #9,609 of 12,053
I am now listening to the LCD-4 and I'm still loving how it sounds. The weight is what keeps me from listening to it more often though. And I've already added a pilot pad for more comfort. If they manage to produce the same sound in a lighter headphone, I'd be very interested.
Since the weight does not really matter to my listening style(reclining with pillow support) I will be disappointed if after six years on the market all we get is the same sound with a revised chassis and headband. My hope for something new and improved is bolstered by the recent releases of the LCD-R and CRBN utilizing new technology for Audeze. Keeping my fingers crossed and hope I don't get cramps.

Sep 10, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #9,610 of 12,053
Since the weight does not really matter to my listening style(reclining with pillow support) I will be disappointed if after six years on the market all we get is the same sound with a revised chassis and headband. My hope for something new and improved is bolstered by the recent releases of the LCD-R and CRBN utilizing new technology for Audeze. Keeping my fingers crossed and hope I don't get cramps.
Agreed. Imo it should be a sonic improvement along with making it lighter.

Sep 10, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #9,612 of 12,053
Take my money !! Been waiting for these. Any other details ?? Will I need a new amp because they are more than 200 ohms ??
The Trend has been lower impedance over the years. Nearly everything released in the past years has been below 100.
I bet that the LCD-5 will be lower impedance than 200 Ohm.

Sep 10, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #9,613 of 12,053
The Trend has been lower impedance over the years. Nearly everything released in the past years has been below 100.
I bet that the LCD-5 will be lower impedance than 200 Ohm.
All joking aside, I was debating a new amp for the sole purpose of powering the new LCD 5's. With Audeze having both the LCD 4 and the LCD 4z in there current line up, I expected this to continue. But you think this will be streamlined down to a single lower impedance TOTL model in the new line up ?

Sep 10, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #9,614 of 12,053
All joking aside, I was debating a new amp for the sole purpose of powering the new LCD 5's. With Audeze having both the LCD 4 and the LCD 4z in there current line up, I expected this to continue. But you think this will be streamlined down to a single lower impedance TOTL model in the new line up ?
My personal guess is, that we will see at least 3 new Audezes over the next two years. Of which only one is a flagship.
1 flagship - LCD-5
1 producer oriented headphone to supersede the LCD- X or MX4
1 consumer oriented flagship which borrows from whatever new tech they invented, in the 1-2 grand territory.

I Think impedance wise they all Range between 30 and 80 like most others do nowadays. Unless they really got into ribbon tech, this could be an exciting new chapter entirely.
Sensitivity wise it's hard to tell. High sensitivity is pretty common nowadays and increases potential customer base.
Low sensitivity has it's upsides as well and it's no coincidence that the Susvara and Abyss are so hard to drive.

Edit: I guess they will aim for reasonably high sensitivity. The average amplifier is also a lot more potent than 5 years ago. This way they don't have to Split into a 5 - 5z lineup.
Streamlining production and reducing cost.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #9,615 of 12,053
Was the 4z a success? I rarely see any of them. I wouldn't be surprised if Audeze streamlines the lineup quite a bit. For today's amps, even the LCD4 is quite efficient. As someone who owns the Susvara, really low sensitivity is a PITA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back