Audeze LCD-4
Oct 7, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #646 of 12,025
  Let the market evaluate the product and the sales will reflect if Audeze's achievement is true or not.

I completely agree with this.  In my opinion, there is nothing unethical or arrogant about what Audeze is doing.  There are plenty of other companies charging exorbitant prices for audio gear, automotive, jewelry, etc.  After all it is a luxury item that they are selling.  As Matias said, let us see what the market will bear.

With that said, I can totally understand some of the reactions that I've read on this thread.  Is 'betrayal' the correct sentiment here??

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #647 of 12,025
I wouldn't call it betrayal... I'd call it exclusivity. There are a lot of Audeze fans who don't seem to mind paying as much. The mistake some people make is having an expectation based on the pricing. When I buy a pair of jeans that are $260, I know they aren't going to last any longer than a pair of $50 jeans... But I had the experience of paying more and owning a product that cost more than other products. The LCD-3F's also are some of my non-audiophile friends favorite headphones, so they can be crowd pleasures.

I completely understand the pricing of Stax myself vs other manufacturers, and it's less an exclusivity thing, and more of an actual boutique/exotic level of listening gear. I personally prefer the Stax sound myself to planars I've heard from HFM/Audeze. The entry level SRS-2170 is good enough for me; I have no inclination to take my Stax collection further.

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #649 of 12,025
I wouldn't call it betrayal... I'd call it exclusivity. There are a lot of Audeze fans who don't seem to mind paying as much. The mistake some people make is having an expectation based on the pricing. When I buy a pair of jeans that are $260, I know they aren't going to last any longer than a pair of $50 jeans... But I had the experience of paying more and owning a product that cost more than other products. The LCD-3F's also are some of my non-audiophile friends favorite headphones, so they can be crowd pleasures.

I completely understand the pricing of Stax myself vs other manufacturers, and it's less an exclusivity thing, and more of an actual boutique/exotic level of listening gear. I personally prefer the Stax sound myself to planars I've heard from HFM/Audeze. The entry level SRS-2170 is good enough for me; I have no inclination to take my Stax collection further.

Exclusive also because some long-time Audeze fans may be priced out of the LCD-4.  Stax SR-009 owners are an exclusive club, partly, due to pricing, partly due to listening preferences.

I think most of us have been around hi-fi long enough to know the law of diminishing returns.  2X the price of the 3F does not mean 2X its performance.

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #650 of 12,025
  I would pay that amount if they were on par with Stax and had the Audeze signature, but early reviews suggest otherwise.

Just as a reference for what we pay in the UK:

HD800 = £1099
LCD X = £1399
LCD 3 = £1599
HE-1000 = £2200
LCD 4 = £3299
STAX 009  = £3495

Beyerdynamic T1 - £499.

Is it only the American and Asian headphone brands charging these excessive and exorbitant prices, or have the European brands joined in? Seems to me like the Germans in Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser are still showing us a little respect and value for money.

Oct 7, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #651 of 12,025
So following your logic, a company needs to be 50 years in business to be able to launch a product at that price point? And if Audeze thinks they reached that performance level and charge it accordingly, without the 50 year experience, they are being arrogant? This is nonsense.

Let the market evaluate the product and the sales will reflect if Audeze's achievement is true or not.

The key word was "goodwil", not the number of years. Audeze have not earned that between inconsistent build quality, so-so sounding / overpriced EL8 models and lack of humility with marketing text accompanying the LCD-4

Oct 7, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #652 of 12,025
  >>And now they're saying, sell your EL-8 and buy this special edition EL-8 
The Silver version comes bundled with the cable. The cable will also be available separately to owners of EL8 as we had promised. However, the chip supply is limited at the moment and we are trying to get a handle on the release dates. 

Edited my original post per your reply. I apologize for the confusion. The text from the Digital Audio Review article is certainly misleading.

Oct 7, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #653 of 12,025
Right last offer, my soul, a kidney, my first born, a voucher for Starbucks and free cake. The spare tire from my wife's 5 year old Fiat punto and any knife from our new Sabtier set. Free P+P Genuine offers only please!
Any more reviews popped up yet on the tinter-web?

They do look good, I have a big head so they look like in-ears on me.

Has Mr Audeze insider reported back that they now have cornered the market on illegal black market organs. Please see above offer of a lifetime. .

Me in a bath of ice, a scar and New LCD4s a man can dream....

Oct 7, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #655 of 12,025
Everything except the Phillips X1, I agree. Plus he can do lots of comparisons, and show me dat transient response <3. 1.5T + nano diaphragm should be sharp!

Oct 7, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #658 of 12,025
I am sure I saw him in a picture @RMAF he must have done a mini listen and interview. He's what I want a pair of LCD3S

He was there for sure! It's hard to miss his Hawaiian shirts...

Oct 7, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #660 of 12,025
  UK LCD 4 price confirmed £3299

Wow. How come it isn't the US price just translated into pounds? Same goes for australia etc.? Are there import costs etc. that change things? Not questioning the price or trying to start an argument, just curious. 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back