Audeze LCD-3: Sound wrecked by Fazor?
Sep 16, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #16 of 23
Your experience somehow mirrors mine with the Lcd-4. Out of 3 fazor ones( two I owned simultaneously just to compare) all had a different sound signature.
Had a pre fazor LCD-3 which I sadly sold and both my subsequently acquired fazor( all different tonality) versions had a driver failure.
I still have my favourite LCD-4 for sentimental reasons but apart from that I am off Audeze.
Admittedly customer service is first class but nevertheless expensive when you live at the end of the world.

Jul 5, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #17 of 23
One of the best headphones I own is a pre-Fazor LCD-3. The bass is unmatched by any headphone. The soundstage, imaging and resolution is also immaculate. I tried the Fazor headphones after it and was not a fan, hope things have changed by now.

Jul 5, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #18 of 23
yeah

the lcd 4 original version was superior also

the lcd 3 was changed way too much

even the lcd x went through some changes that changed the version they released in 2016-17 into a different sounding headphone. When my driver failed and I sent them in for repair the lcd x that I got back had a real lack of bass compared to the one I sent in. So even it has gone through revisions.

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #19 of 23
yeah

the lcd 4 original version was superior also

the lcd 3 was changed way too much

even the lcd x went through some changes that changed the version they released in 2016-17 into a different sounding headphone. When my driver failed and I sent them in for repair the lcd x that I got back had a real lack of bass compared to the one I sent in. So even it has gone through revisions.
How much better was the 4 than the 3?

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #20 of 23
How much better was the 4 than the 3?
I heard the 4 when they first came out before they were changed. Then recently and the 4 are still great. the pre fazor lcd 3 were amazing. Like really really amazing. It’s not even close to the lcd 3 that’s sold now.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #22 of 23
Interesting - everyone has their own tastes. I just haven't found anything similar to the Pre-Fazor LCD-3 after many more thousands spent on this hobby. Perhaps the uniqueness is what makes it so special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back