Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Jan 21, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #1,786 of 7,334
Yeah that’s definitely pretty scummy.

Have anything to compare it with? Seems tempting but a smidge out of my price range. Also showing out of stock on their website.
There are still some around but they have been discontinued from Audeze store itself. As far as comparing, yes. SPL Phonitor, Violectric V281, Schiit Asgard 2, Valhalla 2. The Deckard is a sweet amp and like I mentioned, the DAC that is built in is surprisingly musical.

Jan 21, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #1,787 of 7,334
I have the LCD XC and the 2c and was going to click on the ZMF link, but I will never buy anything from a company with such a scmbg policy.

Yeah that’s definitely pretty scummy.

Have anything to compare it with? Seems tempting but a smidge out of my price range. Also showing out of stock on their website.

To be fair all of ZMF's return and cancellation policies are clearly spelled out on the website. There wasn't some "scummy" move if this info is known before purchasing. It is your duty as a customer to understand the terms of purchase before buying and choose whether or not you agree with those terms.

Jan 22, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #1,789 of 7,334
Lol spelled out or not, charging a 25% restocking fee is outdated BS. No respectable etailer does that anymore.

And my point is that if you don't agree with that policy, you shouldn't order from there. But being upset about a policy you agreed to and continuing with purchase just doesn't make sense.

Jan 22, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #1,791 of 7,334
Jan 22, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #1,792 of 7,334
I just received the questyle 600i for reviewing purposes and i own the cayin iha-6 I notice a difference off the bat between my amp and the amp section within the questyle, using the built in dac from the questyle as the main source

Im next in line to review that Questyle 600i,and should have my Atticus back from Zach on tuesday.

Get to reviewing,damn it!:)

Jan 22, 2018 at 12:47 AM Post #1,793 of 7,334
Neither of the people you quoted ordered from there. We were both agreeing to not order from someone with such a policy.
I agree you shouldn’t order from anyone with a policy you don’t agree with, but some of the earlier posts here (not by you mind) made ZMF out to be some sort of loan shark company, which is entirely unfair and unwarranted. I can tell you from personal experience Zach is one of the best guys in the industry and considering it’s only him and a handful of staff making some of the most breakthrough products in the industry right now, I’d cut them slack when it comes to third party peripherals for your non-ZMF products. We’re talking about $100 cables for $1000+ headphones - they’re easy enough to make on your own or have them custom made if you don’t want to pay a retailer’s margin and restocking fees.

Jan 22, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #1,794 of 7,334
I agree you shouldn’t order from anyone with a policy you don’t agree with, but some of the earlier posts here (not by you mind) made ZMF out to be some sort of loan shark company, which is entirely unfair and unwarranted. I can tell you from personal experience Zach is one of the best guys in the industry and considering it’s only him and a handful of staff making some of the most breakthrough products in the industry right now, I’d cut them slack when it comes to third party peripherals for your non-ZMF products. We’re talking about $100 cables for $1000+ headphones - they’re easy enough to make on your own or have them custom made if you don’t want to pay a retailer’s margin and restocking fees.

That’s all fine and dandy and I’m sure he’s a cool guy, but my point stands. There shouldn’t be a restocking fee period. I shouldn’t have to pay you money for something that is expected of a retailer in this day and age. I order a heck of a lot of things online, especially from small etailers, and restocking fees are unheard of. Last time I paid one was from a computer watercooling etailer back in 2010 who actually went out of business iirc.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree. Back on topic.

Jan 22, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #1,795 of 7,334
That’s all fine and dandy and I’m sure he’s a cool guy, but my point stands. There shouldn’t be a restocking fee period. I shouldn’t have to pay you money for something that is expected of a retailer in this day and age. I order a heck of a lot of things online, especially from small etailers, and restocking fees are unheard of. Last time I paid one was from a computer watercooling etailer back in 2010 who actually went out of business iirc.

It is not unusual for small manufacturers to charge a restocking fee. They cannot bear a potential loss in a short-term, in such a case, they have to borrow money somewhere which would be already difficult for them and increases costs of business somehow. Restocking fees for them are understandable, as their businesses are still vulnerable. They are not Amazon who can bear a large loss.

Jan 22, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #1,796 of 7,334

FWIW I agree with you about restocking fees, especially if a product is returned promptly and in its original condition within a week of purchase. It’s a retailer’s obligation to ensure his customers are 100% satisfied with the quality of a product, and if not, offer a full refund. Asking a customer to pay return shipping is fair enough but restocking on a “new” item that doesn’t even come with retail packaging isn’t great.

That said small retailers like ZMF don’t have unlimited lines of credit like the larger retailers so sometimes they have to cover themselves. It’s a clearly stated policy and if anyone has issue with it my advice is simply to vote with your wallet and buy elsewhere.

What I took issue with were some comments by others painting ZMF as this evil company when that couldn’t be further from the truth. And it was over a minor peripheral that they don’t even make themselves. Perhaps a personal email to Zach would have sufficed. I just feel if we want retailers - especially small and personal retailers - to go the extra mile, we have our own obligation to be courteous and respectful when it comes to speaking about them publicly.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #1,797 of 7,334
It is not unusual for small manufacturers to charge a restocking fee. They cannot bear a potential loss in a short-term, in such a case, they have to borrow money somewhere which would be already difficult for them and increases costs of business somehow. Restocking fees for them are understandable, as their businesses are still vulnerable. They are not Amazon who can bear a large loss.
Nah, it’s pretty uncommon. Maybe in the world of greedy audio companies though. What exactly are you losing as a company when a customer cancels an order?

Also, the original complaint wasn’t even about a return. It was about a 25% fee just for canceling the order, BEFORE SHIPPING. lol that’s completely unreasonable and you’d have to be a huge fanboy of them to be defending that.

Jan 22, 2018 at 1:05 AM Post #1,798 of 7,334
Nah, it’s pretty uncommon. Maybe in the world of greedy audio companies though. What exactly are you losing as a company when a customer cancels an order?

Also, the original complaint wasn’t even about a return. It was about a 25% fee just for canceling the order, BEFORE SHIPPING. lol that’s completely unreasonable and you’d have to be a huge fanboy of them to be defending that.

A high-end audio market is fairly small. Sometimes, it is not easy to find another consumer who is willing to pay $$$ for a cable. So, that is still not far from common sense, IMO.

For your information, I never bought/used/sold ZMF products.

Jan 22, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #1,800 of 7,334
Can we get back on topic? If you guys don't wanna shop ZMF, then by all means, don't. Stop complaining. The man has to put food on the table too. He invested his savings into running a niche HiFi headphone company. The guy handcrafts every single one by hand and when you drop an order in, you are in agreement with his terms. If you don't do your research beforehand, it's no one's fault besides your own. So quit complaining and listen to some damn music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back