Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Jan 17, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #1,696 of 7,334
Getting LCD-2Cs outside of the US seems to be more difficult than anticipated. Just noticed my local store's website has removed it from their listings (It was available for pre-order since Sept or Oct last year). I was told in Dec that the release date was pushed back to Jan... not a good sign. Although I have a feeling the sound signature isn't for me, I've still been eager to try it out.

RIP Aussies :frowning2:

Jan 17, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #1,697 of 7,334
Getting LCD-2Cs outside of the US seems to be more difficult than anticipated. Just noticed my local store's website has removed it from their listings (It was available for pre-order since Sept or Oct last year). I was told in Dec that the release date was pushed back to Jan... not a good sign. Although I have a feeling the sound signature isn't for me, I've still been eager to try it out.

RIP Aussies :frowning2:
You never know until you actually try it out. When I was in the HD800's camp, i was always thinking LCD were not for me but until I have listened to one, I realized it's not as i thought it would be and what people said.

Jan 17, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #1,698 of 7,334
You never know until you actually try it out. When I was in the HD800's camp, i was always thinking LCD were not for me but until I have listened to one, I realized it's not as i thought it would be and what people said.

I did demo the LCD-2 Fazor. I found it a bit too dark for me... and I was told the C's are even darker.

I ended trying, liking and buying the Aeon Flow Open. Would have liked to have given the C's a chance before buying the AFO, but they didn't look like they were arriving here anytime soon, and I'm not one to pre-order before demoing, especially when it's close relation didn't suit me.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #1,699 of 7,334
I did demo the LCD-2 Fazor. I found it a bit too dark for me... and I was told the C's are even darker.

I ended trying, liking and buying the Aeon Flow Open. Would have liked to have given the C's a chance before buying the AFO, but they didn't look like they were arriving here anytime soon, and I'm not one to pre-order before demoing, especially when it's close relation didn't suit me.
I have AFO with me, i think it's denser and darker than 2C . I have never tried 2F before

Jan 17, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #1,701 of 7,334
Interesting. I have Clear with me. Treble sq in Clear is a bit brighter than AFO, but not far from it. 2C seems to be brighter than I thought.
The 2C also has wider and more airy staging. It also clearly wins over AFO on bass and mid but not so on treble. The AFO has very cohesive sound and non-fatiguing, the treble is more natural. AFO is harder to drive, switching back and forth makes AFO sounds really intimate

Jan 17, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #1,703 of 7,334
Why is your username so familiar? Did you create some kind of super thread or something? Or are you super into IEMs? I can’t put my finger on it.
I'm not sure where you saw me but I'm also into high-end iems

Jan 17, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #1,704 of 7,334
The 2C also has wider and more airy staging. It also clearly wins over AFO on bass and mid but not so on treble. The AFO has very cohesive sound and non-fatiguing, the treble is more natural. AFO is harder to drive, switching back and forth makes AFO sounds really intimate

I can't comment about 2c because I have not heard about it. But Clear has a similar closed-in sound like AFO. In terms of soundstage, I think AFO and Clear are similar. Burn in AFO about 50-100 hours as it will change sq.

Jan 17, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #1,705 of 7,334
I can't comment about 2c because I have not heard about it. But Clear has a similar closed-in sound like AFO. In terms of soundstage, I think AFO and Clear are similar. Burn in AFO about 50-100 hours as it will change sq.
The AFO on my hand has been running for 2 months since November . Forgot to mention, the sound on 2C is also alot more engaging, the vocal is more forward. i wish the treble wouldn't be a bit rough like someone here mentioned, There is a certain bright spot in this area, it's not a big problem but if you are treble sensitive like me, it would be annoying though depend on recordings. If Audeze could actually learn of this and release that pluggin to fix, that would be great. I have been using other audeze profiles, it does fix but i believe the proper 2C profile would be alot better.

In fact, when switching between 2C and HD800, the HD800 clearly has better staging and pinpoint accuracy but 2C is not that lacking from behind. After not listening to HD800, i was not really missing it unless i listen to orchestra and classical mainly.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #1,706 of 7,334
The AFO on my hand has been running for 2 months since November . Forgot to mention, the sound on 2C is also alot more engaging, the vocal is more forward. i wish the treble wouldn't be a bit rough like someone here mentioned, There is a certain bright spot in this area, it's not a big problem but if you are treble sensitive like me, it would be annoying though depend on recordings. If Audeze could actually learn of this and release that pluggin to fix, that would be great. I have been using other audeze profiles, it does fix but i believe the proper 2C profile would be alot better.

In fact, when switching between 2C and HD800, the HD800 clearly has better staging and pinpoint accuracy but 2C is not that lacking from behind. After not listening to HD800, i was not really missing it unless i listen to orchestra and classical mainly.

I am listening Clear. It is more resolving, but so far not super impressive coming from AFO. So far, I am unsure whether it is worth its asking price $1500. Above all, I wanted to take it off after 2 hours of listening, not because it is fatiguing (though bit more fatiguing than afo), but because of its weight (490g). I felt a neck strain after hours of listening. Are you okay with wearing the 520g for hours?

Jan 17, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #1,707 of 7,334

If you want to sell your AFO, shoot me PM.

Jan 17, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #1,708 of 7,334
I am listening Clear. It is more resolving, but so far not super impressive coming from AFO. So far, I am unsure whether it is worth its asking price $1500. Above all, I wanted to take it off after 2 hours of listening, not because it is fatiguing (though bit more fatiguing than afo), but because of its weight (490g). I felt a neck strain after hours of listening. Are you okay with wearing the 520g for hours?
It's more comfortable than the Elear, i'm not sure if that would be similar to Clear. Tbh, I have tried the 3 non-f and couldn't stand the weight. The 2C is alot more comfortable. It's no ways as light as AFO on hand but the headband makes it a completely different experience. So far , I don't feel any pain or watsoever and just feel only a tiny bit heavier than AFO on my head.

Jan 17, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #1,709 of 7,334
If you want to sell your AFO, shoot me PM.
No thanks, I love both of them for different occasions. AFO is an amazing hp btw and 2C is a steal at this price. I couldn't help myself sell off one or another, maybe when i get too bored with either of them.

Jan 17, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #1,710 of 7,334
I'm not sure where you saw me but I'm also into high-end iems
That must be it. I was also into high end IEMs for a few years. Glad you like the 2C though! Any IEMs you think have a similar sound these days?

I’ve been enjoying the JVC HA FX1100, but I think they’re definitely a bit darker and more bass heavy than the 2C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back