Audeze LCD-2 Rev 2.2 or LCD-2/fazor
Jun 15, 2014 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Headphonetopia

New Head-Fier
Hello. In a few days i will be picking up a pair of Audeze LCD- 2, and i was wondering which revision model i should get?  Rev 2.2 or fazor model?  What will i gain or lose if i end up with the fazor model? Anyone who tried both please provide your experience.

Jun 16, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #2 of 4
All new Audeze LCD-2.2 comes with the fazor technology, if you're looking for an used pair shouldn't be that worry about the fazors.

Anyway, post your question here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/509710/audeze-lcd-2-impressions-thread/3300

Jun 16, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #3 of 4
I've auditioned the non-F 2 many times, and now own a pair with Fazor. The non-F has that classic Audeze lush, magic, natural sound with the best bass I've ever heard. The Fazor adds better imaging due to a more controlled magnetic field pushing the drivers... but some of the magic and bass extension are lacking. Granted, these were off different DAC/amps (Brenchmark DAC1 vs. AGD NFB-28), so that might skew that a bit. Both should be neutral, with decent power.
I'd say they're of equal value, just different. I'm still very happy with the F version. I'm just hoping that Audeze figures out how to get the bass extension back while using Fazor tech. Then I'll upgrade
biggrin.gif
. There's a great article on InnerFidelity comparing the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back