Audeze lcd-2 classic vs Mr. Speaker Aeon Flow
Mar 16, 2018 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JamesCanada

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I was looking up for my next pair of cans.
I have narrowed it down to these 2 baby's
Could I get people's feedback ? They are in the same price range , they also seem to be highly recomended almost everywhere.
I do not have a local shop I can try both of them, so I am going in this a bit blind, and at 700$ US i'm not ready to simply take a gamble.

Thanks!

James

Mar 16, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi there, I'm going to be listening to a set of Aeon closed this weekend and will have my LCD2 (early rev) on hand - I know the classic is not quite the same, but is aiming for a similar sound. We will also have a set of LCD-X and Utopia.

Will post back.

Mar 17, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #3 of 4
Hey everyone,

I was looking up for my next pair of cans.
I have narrowed it down to these 2 baby's
Could I get people's feedback ? They are in the same price range , they also seem to be highly recomended almost everywhere.
I do not have a local shop I can try both of them, so I am going in this a bit blind, and at 700$ US i'm not ready to simply take a gamble.

Thanks!

James

Are you looking at the AFC or AFO? AFC is leaner and AFO warmer. I don't normally like warm HPs, but the AFO had such an inviting sound, I couldn't resist :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. No regrets here.

The LCD-2C is quite heavy, but seemed OK in comfort for the short time I tried them. Not sure if the weight will affect longer listening sessions. AFO and AFC are unequivocally comfy.

I only had a brief moment to try the LCD-2C for fit... I'll have to make time to properly demo them.

Hi there, I'm going to be listening to a set of Aeon closed this weekend and will have my LCD2 (early rev) on hand - I know the classic is not quite the same, but is aiming for a similar sound. We will also have a set of LCD-X and Utopia.

Will post back.

Based on the LCD-2C thread, the sound is different to the non-fazor LCD-2. I tried the non-fazor and found it too dark for my taste. The C is reportedly brighter... it's a shame they took so long to get to Oz (I got the AFO instead)... seems like the sound I would have liked.

Mar 18, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #4 of 4
Just had a listen to the Flow Closed today alongside LCD2 and LCDX.

Yes the LCDC will be different but I will say all of these headphones are very good, with the LCD2 being morr engaging and the X even more so.

But the Flow Closed were very detailed and open sounding for a closed back. They were also much lighter and more comfortable. The 2 and X had more bass.

If I was buying blind I would go with the Flow Closed or Open given what I heard but more so because of comfort and weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back