Audeze LCD-2.2 vs LCD-3 ?!
Oct 24, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #47 of 52
If you shine a high intensity flashlight through the pad inside the ear cup you can see the Fazor baffle.

Apr 24, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #50 of 52
In regards to recommended equipment for either the LCD-2 or 3(I have the 2's), I use the headphone output of my Oppo blu ray player and it sounds great.
I don't know why the headphone cord has four separate conductors though, when the plug has only three (left, right, and common negative). If it were terminated with a balanced connector that would make sense. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I also listen to my LCD-2's on my Fiio x3 portable player, which is advertised as having audiophile grade DAC's and amplification, but only cost right around $200. To my ears, this combination sounds nearly as good as when I use the Oppo, unless I've loaded in a SACD or DVD- or blu ray- audio disc.

May 3, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #51 of 52
  In regards to recommended equipment for either the LCD-2 or 3(I have the 2's), I use the headphone output of my Oppo blu ray player and it sounds great.
I don't know why the headphone cord has four separate conductors though, when the plug has only three (left, right, and common negative). If it were terminated with a balanced connector that would make sense. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I also listen to my LCD-2's on my Fiio x3 portable player, which is advertised as having audiophile grade DAC's and amplification, but only cost right around $200. To my ears, this combination sounds nearly as good as when I use the Oppo, unless I've loaded in a SACD or DVD- or blu ray- audio disc.

I think Oppo  uses the built-in amp stage of the ESS Sabre 9018 chip and so does Fiio x3

May 20, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #52 of 52
I just demo'd the LCD-2F and LCD-3F as well as the X and XC. I found the X's to have the most low end whereas the 2 and 3 having more fullness and rich mids. 

However I found it odd that the owner rated the 2s as being warmest and the X being the brightest...

According to the FR of the 2/3/X I notice the X has the least amount of roll off in the bass and also less midrange than the other 2.

So I am a bit confused as to what he means by brightest...anyone have any input?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back