Audeze issue help!
Mar 22, 2013 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tysonultima

New Head-Fier
If this is in the wrong forum I apologize. Anyway when I lift the cord on my audeze the right channel seems to go out. I am using the stock cables so I have no idea if the issue is the stock cables or even possibly the headphones themselves (which I am praying to god it isn't.) If the chances are that I have to get new cables would anybody recommend me any good ones?

Mar 22, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #2 of 7
If you're still under warranty you can send the cable back to them for another one.  I had the same issue with the stock cable and was afraid of getting another dud, but the cable I got in return functioned correctly.  If you want an aftermarket cable that isn't too pricey and looks good, look into Q-Audio cables or Norse.  Or if you want something more luxurious and expensive, those kinds of cables are around in abundance and don't need further introduction or assistance.

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #3 of 7
norse is very nice if you're looking at an aftermarket cable. double helix cables isn't bad either. 

i got rid of the stock cable as soon as i got the LCD-2, the stock is pretty bad imo.

Mar 25, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #4 of 7
I use q audio and I absolutely love their sound, fit and finish. They are also very flexible, and have no microphonics. Steve Eddy is also the nicest guy on the planet to deal with (yes, even nicer than myself).

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #5 of 7
Well anyways after deducing that yes the cables were the problem I have decided to go in and buy me the Q-audio cables. I really had no idea that the stock cable was that bad until the mention has been made several time over the forums. I would like to thank you guys in advance and would love to let you know how the Q-audio cables sound if you don't know already.

Mar 25, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #7 of 7
My original LCD-2 rev 1 cable also had that problem.  You can easily check to see if it is the cable or headphones themselves by switching the L/R. In this case it's very likely the cable though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back