Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Jan 23, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #783 of 4,444
I've been looking for that myself I haven't found anything which indicates it yet.
These tests are for compliance to standards. Not necessarily performance tests on range etc. Every country/region has their own range and criteria. In addition the Maxwell has both transmitter and receiver for wireless. So there are few more reports than usual bluetooth headsets.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jan 23, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #784 of 4,444
I'm probably crazy but looking at the pictures I have 4 places of worry. First of all I preordered them so I don't intend to discourage anyone, if anything provoke a discussion.
Secondly, materials are said to be more durable using aluminum and quoting Audeze once again "The earcups and the parts that have the audeze A logo are both glass infused nylon (this is the same stuff that is used for our LCD-2 Classic rings.)" and looks to be way thicker/robust than Mobius/Penrose. Yet still I think about these areas.

If they are executed well it should be really durable. I have AKG K550 with similar cable routing and they are serving me about 9y of everyday use. Other areas should't break easily when taking into account new materials used.
I think I'm mostly intrested how steel handband is connected to the oter nylon section. Is it glue, screws or some other type of connection?

Attachments

• 1674509674881.png
    1674509674881.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jan 23, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #785 of 4,444
I'm probably crazy but looking at the pictures I have 4 places of worry. First of all I preordered them so I don't intend to discourage anyone, if anything provoke a discussion.
Secondly, materials are said to be more durable using aluminum and quoting Audeze once again "The earcups and the parts that have the audeze A logo are both glass infused nylon (this is the same stuff that is used for our LCD-2 Classic rings.)" and looks to be way thicker/robust than Mobius/Penrose. Yet still I think about these areas.

If they are executed well it should be really durable. I have AKG K550 with similar cable routing and they are serving me about 9y of everyday use. Other areas should't break easily when taking into account new materials used.
I think I'm mostly intrested how steel handband is connected to the oter nylon section. Is it glue, screws or some other type of connection?
Are they robust on the LCD-X? You have me a bit worried now. Could it be a potential place where it could snap through constant use? These are good questions I wonder if anybody can inform us some more about these materials and how they are attached together.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #787 of 4,444
As we wait for final certifications, do you want us to test/post some other videos/information ?

Would it be possible for you elaborate on the questions in this post? About the glass infused nylon etc. On the subject of videos just more information about the headset the confortt and durability etc.

Jan 23, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #788 of 4,444
As we wait for final certifications, do you want us to test/post some other videos/information ?

that would be great! maybe more closer looks at the build quality would be helpful. a few different people wearing them with different head sizes, wearing glasses, etc . thank you for being engaged with the community, i have mine on pre-order!

Jan 23, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #790 of 4,444

I would like more mic tests, get more sound going? Let's get a speaker playing music in the background, or someone having an unrelated conversation.

Play up the real world scenarios where filter will come in handy for the headset. If you want to aim at parents buying for their children, play up the idea that others won't hear them telling their kid to get off the [console]. If you want to aim it for adults, maybe have the headset sitting on a counter and a conversation going on as if they forgot to turn on the mute?

Just show us the real use cases for the magic of Filter

Jan 23, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #792 of 4,444

I've had my Penrose X since launch and nothing has broken. I know they had a weak spot but with everything being better quality now, you'd think it would be pretty hard to mess these things up unless you're rough on them.

Jan 23, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #794 of 4,444
Here is some more information regarding Maxwell compared to Penrose/Mobius.
Chips - The Maxwell uses a newer more powerful dedicated DAC/AMP chip. The DSP is also much more powerful compared to Penrose. We have much bigger dynamic range and lower noise floor on these compared to Mobius and Penrose.

acoustic - One of the biggest improvements comes from the new housing. In the Penrose/mobius housing the left and right side were not acoustically balanced because of the presence of PCB on one side and the battery on the other side. Buttons were also mostly on the left. Wit Maxwell, we have a dual chamber design. There is an inner housing that acoustically isolates the driver from the electronics. This alone makes a huge improvement in our opinion.

Unlike Mobius both Maxwell and Penrose have custom EQ options. So users can tweak the EQ if they think it is necessary.
This is huge and very exciting to hear! I am awaiting a press sample for the PS version but also purchased the Xbox variant as well to compare. I am very excited to try this extensively, as the comments regarding housing improvements, construction improvements, and even the better DSP with lower noise floor are all massive. It sounds like the few gripes I had with the Penrose are being addressed with the Maxwell, and even now, the Penrose is still a competitive option.

I like that the default second wheel function is game to chat mix. This is such a critical feature for a gaming headset, especially in FPS games when the game noise varies drastically to voice chat.

Have their been any recent developments on ship time for either variant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back