Audeze EL-8 vs LCD-2
Oct 9, 2016 at 11:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Oklahoma

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for opinions between these 2.  I currently have a set of the EL-8 and have an opportunity to return and exchange towards an LCD-2.  It has been a decent amount of time since I listened to the LCD2 and haven't seen any direct comparisons.

May 19, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #2 of 3
I have a El-8 open back not a LCD and right now im listening to Olivia Newton John through these and she just comes alive through these. Same with Anette Olzon. Female vocals just shine. To me the EL-8 just slams hard when needs to, is calm and laid back also when need to. Not a cRap phone, its def a metal/soft rock/ country/atmosphere headphone. Where bass is there, but not bloated. Treble is as sharp as need to be, and vocals dance. Neil Diamond, and Слот shine with these also. Now the LCD series are are the upper class, but unlike the EL-8 need a amp. So with a amp I imagine the LCD-2 would be excellent as can be. Just dont try to direct drive from a phone or computer without a amp.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 3
If you do exchange for the LCD-2 I would highly recommend trying a different headband than the stock.
I haven't found any better sounding headphones but I can't wear the LCD-2 for more than a 30min session without taking a break from the clamping. My head is slightly larger than average but my ears do not protrude at all. So, while I don't experience ear-rub against the razor I do feel the uncomfortable grip even with the thick leather ear-pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back