Audeze 4XX?
Jul 2, 2023 at 1:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

NEUGROOVE

New Head-Fier
Maybe a little clickbaity but still a legit post. I just purchased this Audeze headband clone off Aliexpress and wanted to share the impression so far. My OG headband broke at the hinge so I moved onto the HE560v2 headband which was pretty good until the suspension strap busted for no reason which brought me to the Audeze clone for 100mm cups. I saw this headband on Aliexpress for $42-$45 and thought hey why not? I’m currently stuck with m50xbt and I can only take those for 2hrs max, so yeah… I pulled the trigger.

Anyway my first impression was, wow this looks pretty good! My second thought was, hmmm the build looks a little thin. Don’t actually know if it’s thinner than Audeze but I’m sure it is. With that said, the build seems to be quite good compared to both Hifimans I’ve had. The yokes are quite snug but they do clear the cups. The clamp force is just right, and the leather strap easily passes the sniff test. Overall comfort is really nice and a solid upgrade over the prev Hifimans.

If I remember, I’ll poster a longer term review once this headband gets some abuse. It’s my daily driver, so it’ll inevitably get abused.

For me, I’d pick this headband every time over the Hifimans.

Attachments

• IMG_20230701_130901_Bokeh_Original.jpeg
    IMG_20230701_130901_Bokeh_Original.jpeg
    763.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230701_130955_Bokeh_Original.jpeg
    IMG_20230701_130955_Bokeh_Original.jpeg
    683 KB · Views: 0
Jul 2, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #2 of 3
Is it this?
Link
Looking alternative headband for HE-500 to increase comfort but not sure if that will fit with screws and all, also there seems to be 100mm and 110mm variants.

Jul 2, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #3 of 3
Is it this?
Link
Looking alternative headband for HE-500 to increase comfort but not sure if that will fit with screws and all, also there seems to be 100mm and 110mm variants.
That's the newer version, but yes that's it. You can tell by the 90° articulation. I chose the old "fixed" style. And the 100mm fits snug. I would think you could always bend the 110mm if you wanted extra clearance. Just a guess though. And this one is very comfy. No hot spots.

*Edit* If the 500 uses the same size screws as the 4xx then it'll work with factory screws.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back