Audeo PFE 132.
Mar 2, 2012 at 1:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

azel831

100+ Head-Fier
i have done my lurking around but have not been able to find any info on the Audeo PFE132. i Recently purchased the PFE232 and am lookin forward to giving those a listen. it would be kind of interesting to see how those stack up. any help would be much appreciated.

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
i have done my lurking around but have not been able to find any info on the Audeo PFE132. i Recently purchased the PFE232 and am lookin forward to giving those a listen. it would be kind of interesting to see how those stack up. any help would be much appreciated.

I have the 022s (which use the same driver as the 132 and same housing; different color)  I also used the filters from my 232s (same grey and black filters).  The quality is nicely priced with the 132, but doesn't compare with the 232.  The 232s really are a total upgrade outside of one fact, clarity.  Everything else is an upgrade going from the 132 to 232. 

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
I have the 022s (which use the same driver as the 132 and same housing; different color)  I also used the filters from my 232s (same grey and black filters).  The quality is nicely priced with the 132, but doesn't compare with the 232.  The 232s really are a total upgrade outside of one fact, clarity.  Everything else is an upgrade going from the 132 to 232. 

I have somewhat figured out that all 0 and 1 series uses the same driver and that it's more than than less the filters (black, grey, green) that are responsible for differences in sound presentation.

I have heard and owned a single driver PFE unit a while back and it was no doubt  one of the best(better) single armature driver I have experienced with my preference of music!

Now, I wonder since you have experience with all the releases. Have you experienced that the upgrade from the single drive to the dual driver is really worth the around $400 more we will have  pay for an additional driver and some R&D etc. 

I know this a very triggy question and not so easy to answer. It's not meant to be, but I also feel that many more members are curious about this. 

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
I have somewhat figured out that all 0 and 1 series uses the same driver and that it's more than than less the filters (black, grey, green) that are responsible for differences in sound presentation.

I have heard and owned a single driver PFE unit a while back and it was no doubt  one of the best(better) single armature driver I have experienced with my preference of music!

Now, I wonder since you have experience with all the releases. Have you experienced that the upgrade from the single drive to the dual driver is really worth the around $400 more we will have  pay for an additional driver and some R&D etc. 

I know this a very triggy question and not so easy to answer. It's not meant to be, but I also feel that many more members are curious about this. 

I'm going to say that the upgrade is a little overpriced.  At max, I'd see 300 as worth it, but not 400.  I'd prefer it be around 200 more, but that's just hopeful wishing :p  What really happens when you buy the PFE 232s is that you pay for a package.  Essentially, you're given total freedoms of: cable choice (mic'd vs unmic'd), total comfort (but all the PFEs offer this already), style, and the fact that it has a removable cable (making after-warranty cable problems a cheaper fix). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back