Audalytic AH90 - All in one Streamer, DAC, Heapphone Amp
Nov 2, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #17 of 374
It’s an antennae take can pick up all sorts of RF and potentially transmit that into the dac.
Never had, or heard about that issue. But I guess that's an advantage for you with the AH90 then. I would still have preferred WiFi :)

Nov 6, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #22 of 374
Please let US know if there are any differences by using the IFI Power supply and if It work flawless by using bubble upnp with android. It Will be very nice. Thank you very much.

Nov 7, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #26 of 374
The sound from DAC and the volume set to FIXed is indeed appealing to me. I am still not sure about the quality of the headphone amp. I am not the expert and only have a dusty AKG K712 at the moment.

The question is if to keep the AH90 or send it back to go the A26 route. I have lots of DSD-files and I would like to know them "unhandled". Also I still have no manual. It was not inside the box. The Gustard support replied to my first email quick but "forgot" to send the manual. And now I am waiting for four days..

Another issue is (to me) the AH90 gets a new ip-address each time even when you switch between the LAN and other inputs and back. According to the first email from Gustard support: 'the mac address is a unique identifier for the bridge. It does not change, so the router is simply set to always assign the same IP address to that mac.'
But the strange thing is the mac adress of AH90 is changing and so of course the ip-address. The HQPlayer does find the NAA (Gustarender) in spite of this but on JPLAY iOS app I have to activate Gustarender again and again. Not really the 'user experience' I want.

Nov 7, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #27 of 374
The sound from DAC and the volume set to FIXed is indeed appealing to me. I am still not sure about the quality of the headphone amp. I am not the expert and only have a dusty AKG K712 at the moment.

The question is if to keep the AH90 or send it back to go the A26 route. I have lots of DSD-files and I would like to know them "unhandled". Also I still have no manual. It was not inside the box. The Gustard support replied to my first email quick but "forgot" to send the manual. And now I am waiting for four days..

Another issue is (to me) the AH90 gets a new ip-address each time even when you switch between the LAN and other inputs and back. According to the first email from Gustard support: 'the mac address is a unique identifier for the bridge. It does not change, so the router is simply set to always assign the same IP address to that mac.'
But the strange thing is the mac adress of AH90 is changing and so of course the ip-address. The HQPlayer does find the NAA (Gustarender) in spite of this but on JPLAY iOS app I have to activate Gustarender again and again. Not really the 'user experience' I want.
Fixed is a no go on this dac
All DSD will go right into the modulator.
Gustard said in a previous reply that
“We may not necessarily add this feature because it deviates from the functionality of the all-in-one machine and volume adjustment is not available”
To which I replied “Do your engineers not know how to design an analog volume control?” Lol
No response after that.

I cancelled my order because of this very reason.

Attachments

• IMG_7351.jpeg
    IMG_7351.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 0
Nov 8, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #30 of 374
hi

Thanks for attention

The AH90 should have new firmware out around Christmas
New firmware supports bypass SDM modulator (digital volume ctrl)for DSD path
thx for listening to customers that want this feature

2 questions:

1) With DSD Direct mode enable , what will happen to headphone output?
I hope headphones output will be disabled? not dangerous maximum volume ?

2) will you update user manual to mention how to enable DSD DIrect mode ? Where is the user manual on the website?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back