Audalytic AH90 - All in one Streamer, DAC, Heapphone Amp
Apr 23, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #366 of 374
..and I suppose a LPS 12v with 6A is no problem, but I want to be sure ?
If 12V it will be fine. It will never need 6 Amps but if you have them now, it should be fine. I received the values I posted directly from Zhangshan a day before I posted them here.

False voltage appears to be more critical to the capacity of the component as far as matching is concerned than amps. Amperage is current availability whereas voltage is device subcomponet need based. A LPS mentioned in a minute is only available for use in the EU because of voltage.

Looking forward to hearing your observations and successes.

..and I suppose a LPS 12v with 6A is no problem, but I want to be sure ?

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #369 of 374
I read various comments online that said the streamer in the R26 is rather poor. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it true or just in ‘comparison’ to the higher quality DAC.

Curious about a possible upgrade path from a AH90. If you switch to the r26, but then also need to upgrade the steamer the step is quite steep.

As the AH90 is newer, maybe the streamer is better and if so, by how much?

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #370 of 374
I read various comments online that said the streamer in the R26 is rather poor. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it true or just in ‘comparison’ to the higher quality DAC.

Curious about a possible upgrade path from a AH90. If you switch to the r26, but then also need to upgrade the steamer the step is quite steep.

The streamer/renderer is not poor in the R26/A26/AH90. From a sound quality standpoint it beat nearly every streamer we threw at it under $1500.
It does have a weak processor and only 128MB RAM.
It’s been optimized for Roon, and other programs like Jplay and Mconnect frequently drop out.
To further boost the sound quality upgrade your network foundation using fiber media convertors.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #371 of 374

So to be even more specific:
- AH90 with proper upgraded LPS (€ 600 + 300 = € 900)
- Second hand R26 (lucky if at € 1000/1200)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back