Au2->Emu 1212m
Aug 17, 2004 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cadobhuk

500+ Head-Fier
How exactly do I connect au2 digital out to my 1212m?What kind of cable do I need,and where do I plug it?

Aug 17, 2004 at 8:03 PM Post #2 of 4
Im using a standard rca cable from my Audigy2 Platinum's spdif out to the rca spdif in of the 0404 - the 1212m has one as well. Or you could use optical. If you don't have the breakout box of the Audigy2, Im not certain if you can use the digital out on the card itself; I suspect that's been tampered with with speakers in mind. Im sure someone else has more knowledge on that aspect.

Aug 17, 2004 at 8:14 PM Post #3 of 4
I have Zu pivot mini-rca cable,wich Im currently using to connect audigy to the amp..could I plug the mini end of it into au2's digital out and one of the RCAs into EMU?Or does the idea sound very funny?

Aug 17, 2004 at 9:57 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by cadobhuk
I have Zu pivot mini-rca cable,wich Im currently using to connect audigy to the amp..could I plug the mini end of it into au2's digital out and one of the RCAs into EMU?Or does the idea sound very funny?

This is what Im not certain about. One would hope so since it's your only possibility for a digital connection without the Audigy breakout box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back