Attn. Tuberoller: another budget alert?
Jun 20, 2003 at 1:54 PM Post #16 of 20
Ahh! I was probably wrong. Just read the manual. You will get downmixed 2 channel analog sound output. But you won't get 5.1 output from this player unless you use an external receiver.
Did I get it right this time?
wink.gif

Jun 21, 2003 at 1:46 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by zoboomofo
No, the Harman Kardon does lag behind the Philips in terms of features (DTS,DD,SACD). Man, the Philips seems to do everything - I wonder if it'll make toast in the morning. :p

Probably....mine changes the kitty litter and does the laundry.
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2003 at 7:06 PM Post #19 of 20
My email to the local HK rep was forwarded to the US Public Relations rep,who responded that HK products are only available for review to "established print publications" and dealer or dealer groups.She went on to say that they don't even provide review units to Audio Clubs or any trade shows without a Rep present or a full "Active Display".She did give me a number to call her so I'll try that.I'll keep you guys posted,because this playe does have some great specs and looks very interesting.

Jul 1, 2003 at 2:08 PM Post #20 of 20
Thanks for the follow-up Tubey. I hope this thing lives up to the hype. There's too many front ends that do lots of things only adequately. btw, when I compared the dvd 25 to my newly acquired Arcam cd player, the h/k unit beat it cold. Upon warmup, it's tough to say by memory. But I can say that the h/k unit places instruments well, and I must stress how much I enjoyed it's tonal behaviour. OTOH, the Arcam has detail that makes even my most boring cds interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back