***ATTN: iPod Classic Owners Do Not Update To 1.0.2 Firmware***
Oct 11, 2007 at 3:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

2.2gotboost

100+ Head-Fier
I started a thread earlier about problems with my 160gb Classic after updating the firmware from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2. The hardrive goes into a continuous reboot loop. I done more research on Apple's discussion forums.
So do not update your firmware, unless you want a paperweight.

Oct 11, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #4 of 14
mine is going good *knocks wood* apart from one random heart attach it had, but menus are greeat and everything is good
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 10:52 AM Post #6 of 14
Problems updating are isolated issues. Some have problems, some don't.

Bring it to an Apple store (or where ever you bought it) to get it exchanged.

Oct 11, 2007 at 11:21 AM Post #7 of 14
Only porblems I have is that once and a while it skips a beat and the menues lag a bit.

Oct 11, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #9 of 14
There are alot of other issues people are experiencing that I am reading about on the Apple discussion boards. They have now released 3 bug fixes for the 1.0.2 firmware update. I downloaded them and the iPod screen appeared normal. I am now syncing and will soon know.

The hard drive went into a reboot loop after the initial firmware update. Could this have possibly caused damage to the hard drive? I am still considering swapping it for a new iPod. But I am curious what firmware would be on it.

Oct 11, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #11 of 14
I'm sorry to hear about your problem, but I don't think your one bad experience should discourage you from ever updating your ipod. Like a person whose life is saved by not wearing a seatbelt shouldn't preach that seatbelts kill.

Most people are having no problems with the new firmware. Good luck with the return though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back