ATTN: Canadians that want Grado SR60/80!!!
Feb 23, 2006 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

sonic_rage

500+ Head-Fier
I know how hard it is to find a deal on anything grado in canada. Only place i know that sells them in toronto is bay bloor radio and they sell the SR60 for 109$ CAD now, i believe. So take advantage of this deal! I got a pair of SR60s off this seller before.

SR60
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
SR80

AFAIK, shipping is 15$ to canada.

Therefore, 70$US for a pair of quality SR60 Grados.
Hard to find that kind of price in Canada.

If you miss out on the deal add the seller to your favourite sellers list;
he sells a new batch every two weeks or so.

Enjoy,
Dave.

Feb 23, 2006 at 2:30 AM Post #2 of 14
That's where I got my sr60's. Great price and smooth transaction. (although I think he waited till he sold them all to bother shipping, makes sense, but I was impatient and wanted them now now now
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

edit - shipping when I bought them was 12$us. I'd say I lucked out getting new sr60's for under msrp in the states, shipped to Canada. Screw Canadian prices...

Feb 23, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 14
just remember, you don't get a warrenty when buying off ebay.

Feb 23, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by cire
just remember, you don't get a warrenty when buying off ebay.

Given that Grado's still are finished like home basement DIY projects...having a warranty is worth paying an extra few bucks for IMO.

Feb 23, 2006 at 4:42 AM Post #5 of 14
I paid 80$ cdn shipped for mine from methos.

Retail Canadian price plus tax is getting near 150$ Why not just buy two pair off ebay instead. There's your warrenty.
wink.gif

Feb 23, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #6 of 14
i see people paying over 50 bucks US for a pair of used SR60s right here on head-fi...

i dont know how people manage to kill headphones or blow the speakers; i dont know, i tend to baby things like headphones cuz they dont come cheap.
none of my headphones have ever died on me; i have better expectations of quality in a grado than my other senns, koss and sony...

Hey Jon, the SR60s you bought in the past off methos costed more than 55$ US before shipping?

Feb 23, 2006 at 4:53 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
That's where I got my sr60's. Great price and smooth transaction. (although I think he waited till he sold them all to bother shipping, makes sense, but I was impatient and wanted them now now now
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

edit - shipping when I bought them was 12$us. I'd say I lucked out getting new sr60's for under msrp in the states, shipped to Canada. Screw Canadian prices...

DIttoed. Ordered mine from him a while back and took a LONG TIME TO SHIP.

Feb 23, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic_rage
i dont know how people manage to kill headphones or blow the speakers; i dont know, i tend to baby things like headphones cuz they dont come cheap.
none of my headphones have ever died on me; i have better expectations of quality in a grado than my other senns, koss and sony...

Have you actually looked carefully at a Grado? Blobs of glue, solder, sanding marks, splotchy paint are typical in the construction of a Grado. They are nearly handmade, and look a big sloppily made at that. While that may not affect its sound, dying Grado's are not unheard of, even ones that are properly take care of.

Personally, I would prefer to buy from an authorized dealer. A new SR60 is $69. If there is any way to get one from a US dealer, I would prefer that.

Feb 23, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Hey Jon, the SR60s you bought in the past off methos costed more than 55$ US before shipping?

Nope, 55$ +12$ shipping.

Feb 23, 2006 at 5:18 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver
Personally, I would prefer to buy from an authorized dealer. A new SR60 is $69. If there is any way to get one from a US dealer, I would prefer that.

I think we'd all prefer to buy brand new from an authorized dealer. I don't know how you're going to manage to keep the warrenty when purchasing one from the states (in person or somehow convincing a dealer) and bringing it across the border.

I don't see the big deal. It's not a 700$ set of headphones we're talking about. For saving 70$ I'm willing to take the risk. (especially when I can get another pair for another 80$ if I want)

Feb 23, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #11 of 14
damn...i'm SO tempted to buy these, my friend purchased the SR80's from Bay Bloor Radio about a month ago, i love the sound to them. He paid $170 for them though...way too much for me since i'm on a very limited budget now

my main concern is the leakage, it's not ideal when commutting. i remember the sales associate said you could replace the pads, but is it possible to replace them with something more solid or at least cancels out noise??

for that reason i'm looking to buy a cheap pair of Sennheiser HD280's...but if the above problem can be solved to mimic that of the Sennheisers, then i'd gladly purchase the Grado's...anyone?

Feb 23, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by EscaBoi
damn...i'm SO tempted to buy these, my friend purchased the SR80's from Bay Bloor Radio about a month ago, i love the sound to them. He paid $170 for them though...way too much for me since i'm on a very limited budget now

Try here
http://www.a4audio.com/catalog.asp?C...Filter=&Page=4

This place ships from Canada but charges US prices.

Feb 23, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

I know how hard it is to find a deal on anything grado in canada. Only place i know that sells them in toronto is bay bloor radio and they sell the SR60 for 109$ CAD now, i believe. So take advantage of this deal! I got a pair of SR60s off this seller before.

SR60
SR80

AFAIK, shipping is 15$ to canada.

Therefore, 70$US for a pair of quality SR60 Grados.
Hard to find that kind of price in Canada.

If you miss out on the deal add the seller to your favourite sellers list;
he sells a new batch every two weeks or so.

Enjoy,
Dave.

What about customs/duties/brokerage?

Feb 23, 2006 at 8:19 AM Post #14 of 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back