Attenuator - asking for advice
Feb 1, 2008 at 2:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Miklos

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

I really enjoy my new A818 - Denon AHC-700 combo, but I would like to eliminate the hiss as it can be quite bothersome for example for classical music.

I have bought at Radio Shack an inline volume control, and that works (99% of the hiss is gone) by reducing the volume on the attenuator and increasing it on the unit. I have also a Shure Attenuator in the mail.

What I would really like is something with a fixed resistor (I do not want to change the volume, I just want to permanently reduce it) and with a small, straight 3.5 mm plug as both the Radio Shack and the Shure attenuators have angled plugs, and both are -or look like- a tight fit for the A818 crystal case. I had to shave the side off the Radio Shack plug so that it does not put strain on the A818 socket. The AHC-700 3.5mm plug has the perfect thickness.

Is there something like this out there: a fixed resistor attenuator with a small (thin) 3.5 mm plug? Where?

Thanks for any advice,

Miklos

Feb 4, 2008 at 1:53 PM Post #3 of 5
Thank you for the advice. I have bought an Ety er4p to er4s adapter on Ebay (reasonable price, and quite small - just a plug with a socket).

Aug 4, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #5 of 5
if u can hear the hiss...theres not much you can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back